Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD's own wiki on Wikia (Because I want to follow the trends)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pekka
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 302
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD's own wiki on Wikia (0)  
superluminal wrote:
I support someone with money (possibly me?) hosting a wiki on MediaWiki and someone with Caravel influence (definitely not me) endowing it with official Illuminatory status.

Can anybody recommend a good host? I'd be willing to shell out the few bucks per month for it if it's worthwhile.

NFShost has a good pricing model for low-volume traffic sites. You pay for the resources your site actually uses on top of a fixed fee. We have a small community meaning few daily visitors, so as long as you keep the spam bots out, this kind of pricing model seems to be just the thing.

https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/services/pricing

Disclaimer: This is one option to consider, not the result of a thorough comparison between many providers.
01-10-2018 at 07:17 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 116
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD's own wiki on Wikia (0)  
Pekka wrote:
superluminal wrote:
I support someone with money (possibly me?) hosting a wiki on MediaWiki and someone with Caravel influence (definitely not me) endowing it with official Illuminatory status.

Can anybody recommend a good host? I'd be willing to shell out the few bucks per month for it if it's worthwhile.

NFShost has a good pricing model for low-volume traffic sites. You pay for the resources your site actually uses on top of a fixed fee. We have a small community meaning few daily visitors, so as long as you keep the spam bots out, this kind of pricing model seems to be just the thing.

https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/services/pricing

Disclaimer: This is one option to consider, not the result of a thorough comparison between many providers.

I'd say the best option is simply the same server providers that host CaravelNet itself. It'd be especially helpful in the off-chance linking CaravelNet's database of rooms and such becomes a feasible thing; we don't have to go through any hoops with different servers, they're both relatively close by.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
01-10-2018 at 06:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD's own wiki on Wikia (Because I want to follow the trends)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com