Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Custom Trapdoors (A custom element, not a real hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged

File: Custom Trapdoors.hold (17.1 KB)
Downloaded 64 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Custom Trapdoors (+6)  
So a few days ago I've made a video where I've worked on Custom Trapdoors.

In the attachment you can find a hold containing the custom trapdoors. Some rules on how to use them:

- The order in which you place the trapdoors does not matter
- Remember to always have some kind of floor underneath the trapdoor. If you make it a trapdoor it won't work with the trapdoors which can be stepped off multiple times. If you use a platform the player will be able to move away however they please. Ideally stick to regular floor. If you use doors they won't be visible under the trapdoor character.
- The gray door can just be placed and it will automatically work.
- The hold includes the old graphics too. Feel free to remove them to save space. But if, for some reason, you want to change them to the old ones you need to change them in two places: the graphic of the character, and the Image command at the end of each trapdoor which is used for the fade-out effect. Just remember that the Diagonal-Orthogonal trapdoor has TWO locations where the Image command is used!

There is still a bunch of features I want to add, so expect this to be updated one day :).

[Last edited by skell at 05-25-2015 10:01 PM]
04-12-2015 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell

File: CustomTrapdoors.zip (35.4 KB)
Downloaded 50 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Custom Trapdoors (0)  
And attached is a zip containing the PSD file and the exported PNGs of the trapdoors and the gray gate.

[Last edited by skell at 05-25-2015 10:02 PM]
04-12-2015 at 09:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
Really neat! Finally, we have reinforced trapdoors, and the directional ones (the ones with arrows) are also really good too. I could think of a million puzzles with this!

04-12-2015 at 09:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Feel free to make as many holds with them as you wish :). The only thing I ask in return is to be credited in the hold as the original creator of the element.

04-12-2015 at 10:09 PM
skell
Updated the hold and the PSD zip with a new trapdoor type, one which is undroppable and turns into a regular one when another is dropped next to it.

05-25-2015 at 10:07 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Custom Trapdoors (A custom element, not a real hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com