Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Timed doors (Most likely, this has been thought of...)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Re: Timed doors (0)  
Firstly, you would need to make 3 different coloured doors and/or orbs, which would be a PITA in the graphics department. Secondly, it limits what kind of puzzles you can do with the doors. say, for example, you were making another "Dugan's Revisited" clone and wanted to put a brain and these kind of doors in L2 2E. If you only had three options, you couldn't get it to work. If you made it user-definable with the time listed in the [ENTER] window, you could create an extremly challenging efficiency room. Do you get what I'm saying?

10-30-2004 at 10:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skinsmen
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
Yes i do know what you're saying I"m just saying either way, I don't see what you mean when you say that it only sounds good on paper. Having it is good puzzle wise.
I already said that perhaps it could count down on the door. like alittle number on top or something. Either way, whatever this has gotten kinda boring talking about after everyone has been posting one word responses.
10-30-2004 at 11:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101

File: Test door.jpg (986 bytes)
Downloaded 108 times.
License: Other
On the door wouldn't look to good. In a sample graphic I quickly churned out(See below), it would look very small in a 222 square. In the spawn/move menu would look much better, IMO.

[Edited by gamer_extreme_101 at Local Time:10-30-2004 at 11:26 PM]

10-30-2004 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skinsmen
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
Okay, well if the menu thing shows the number of turns left... would it limit the number of doors per room?
10-31-2004 at 05:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Good point. In a perfect world, I would hope it would show doors in order that you hit the corresponding door to make it easy to remember...but I guess the menu could get large....

10-31-2004 at 07:00 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Timed doors (Most likely, this has been thought of...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com