Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Timeclones and weapons stepping off of token (various bugs (but I'm only posting this one since I'm a bit lazy))
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
blorx1
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 920
IP: Logged
icon Timeclones and weapons stepping off of token (0)  
Timeclones with various weapons act strangely when stepping off of tokens. The example I'm using here is the caber since I'm a bit too busy to fully explore this.

If the player has a caber and the timeclone steps off of the token such that it's sword is on top of the player, it will not push and will instead do nothing for a turn and will then kill the player if the timeclone waits on the next turn. This is definitely unintuitive.

09-11-2014 at 03:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
icon Re: Timeclones and weapons stepping off of token (0)  
However unintuitive this might be, I believe that this is the correct function of the caber. Nothing can exist on a caber that wouldn't survive a sword strike. There is also nowhere to bump the player to as that space is filled by the clone or visa versa.

I wish that man would stay away
09-11-2014 at 04:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
blorx1
Well, if the player is armed with a sword, the same move kills him, so presumably, it should be lethal with the caber as well.

09-11-2014 at 04:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tamsk
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
icon Re: Timeclones and weapons stepping off of token (+1)  
I'd suspect this is another manifestation of this bug.
09-11-2014 at 11:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
Related to the thread title:

If you are wielding a dagger when you step on a time token, and then both clones stay on the token for one move, one of them kills the other.

A bit unexpected, since that's safe with any other weapon. (Maybe a dagger should only kill at the player's location when the player is moving?)

09-12-2014 at 12:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Can someone make an example hold for this? I don't think I understand the explanation from the first post.

@schep This is a weird behavior but a consequence of how daggers work (bodykills). I'd rather not change this behavior since while it's a little bit weird it's very discoverable.

10-09-2020 at 11:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
blorx1
I can't reproduce the caber behavior, which I suspect was fixed at some other point and I can't see anything off with other weapons either. No idea if it was actually fixed but I also can't find any rooms in my giant pile of test rooms that would have prompted this bug report.

10-13-2020 at 12:11 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Timeclones and weapons stepping off of token (various bugs (but I'm only posting this one since I'm a bit lazy))
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com