Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Re-located One Word Story "Discussion" Thread (AKA the O.W.S ending poll) (RIP One Word Story. April 18th to Sept. 30 2004)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Shall the One Word Story continue, or end?
The show must go on! Keep on rolling!
I think it's time for it to end.
Note: Viewing results forfeits your right to vote.
Poster Message
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
IP: Logged
icon Re-located One Word Story "Discussion" Thread (AKA the O.W.S ending poll) (0)  
Alright, a while back I decided to conclude the story, but shortly, I changed my mind.

Now, here's a simple poll that will determine whether you guy's want to continue, or end it.

[Edited by Stuwy at Local Time:10-01-2004 at 01:42 AM]
09-29-2004 at 02:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zmann
Rank Points: 241
icon Re: The Show Must Go On! (Or shall it?) Shall we end the One Word Story? (0)  
I say end the thing. It's turning into a "Red_Hawk vs. wackhead_uk" contest anyway.
09-29-2004 at 02:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: The Show Must Go On! (Or shall it?) Shall we end the One Word Story? (0)  
Well, it is sort of getting old. I suggest letting it go for a couple of months, then reviving it.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
09-29-2004 at 03:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I thought it should have ended about 15 pages ago. Other people felt it should have gone the way of Barbra Streisand's career fifteen pages before that. Honestly, I haven't even opened the thread in longer than I can remember.

09-29-2004 at 03:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
I reckon it should end about now and we should start...a two word story! ;)
09-29-2004 at 08:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
wackhead_uk wrote:
I reckon it should end about now and we should start...a two word story! ;)
And then... a three word story!

And so on.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
09-29-2004 at 03:41 PM
masonjason
Rank Points: 349
How about a one sentence story? I think that would be much saner.

09-29-2004 at 04:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Or maybe something with pictures?

09-29-2004 at 07:33 PM
HSE
Rank Points: 162

That would take up too much bandwith, and, even if we had the resources, 56K users (like me) would find it immensely difficult to read topics then.
09-29-2004 at 09:42 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zmann
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
We've already got something like that. My Image Wars thread.
09-29-2004 at 09:45 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
I'd like to point out that, when we do decide to end the "One-Word Story", that we should lock the topic so that no forum lurker will come back to the topic 5 months later. I doubt Matt or Erik would have an issue with that...

09-30-2004 at 12:35 AM
Stuwy
Well, by votes so far majority of botes say they want to end it. SO ending it I shall.
09-30-2004 at 01:58 AM
wackhead_uk
Well, It's the end of an era! I probably got about 10 rank points from that thread alone. I reckon that evryone should post one last word to endit before it is lockeD
09-30-2004 at 09:24 AM
DiMono
You mean 743 more posts? God help us.

09-30-2004 at 11:13 AM
wackhead_uk
No, I mean everyone who has posted on it seriously.

Oh, someones put another post on it. We have to finish this sentence and then change the name or something.

[Edited by wackhead_uk at Local Time:09-30-2004 at 01:36 PM]
09-30-2004 at 01:35 PM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460

File: TIoD The Island The Entrance.demo (9.8 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
Dang it, I was trying to help by setting up for "The End"! :cool

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 11-13-2019 12:59 AM : secret attachment shhh]
09-30-2004 at 01:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zmann
Um.. When Stuwy said "Think hard about the next word, this is the last sentence," he definately meant that the next sentance was the last. So therefore it should have ended with "Stuwy exploded".
09-30-2004 at 01:43 PM
DiMono
I don't know, "Stuwy exploded!" seems to have been prophetic. I think he's actually about to spontaneously combust.

...wait for it...

09-30-2004 at 03:56 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Heh... heh.... now I'm going to be the one to take the One Word Story off the "last posted on" list.

Is it going to be locked?

09-30-2004 at 04:32 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Yeah... Now we have a happy ending. :lol

The whole story should be found in one place. (I think I saw it somewhere on some page earlier) I doubt, it'll make a lot sense, though. :D

And one thing, I've learned many new words!
09-30-2004 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
It is, on the first post of the One Word Story.

You know, maybe we should have let it go to 1500 words. Ah well, too late now.

[Edited by The_Red_Hawk at Local Time:09-30-2004 at 05:04 PM]

09-30-2004 at 05:03 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Sorry for posting twice in a row -

Since it's over, should we ask Schik to go over the page which shows all the words together and correct grammar and such?

10-01-2004 at 12:57 AM
Stuwy
Don't worry about posting two times in a row. Well, the Story is finished (try reading it now, look at the first post) A good run too (about 7 months, wow.) But fear not! Coming soon to an Anything board near you, more wacky word usage is on the way!
10-01-2004 at 01:39 AM
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
icon Re: Re-located One Word Story "Discussion" Thread (AKA the O.W.S ending poll) (0)  
Whatever happened to the One Word Story II? You know, the one by gamer_extreme, the rhyming one?

The best hold in the world!
10-01-2004 at 03:27 AM
The_Red_Hawk
icon Re: Re-located One Word Story "Discussion" Thread (AKA the O.W.S ending poll) (0)  
Well, it sort of faded into obscurity. I guess it's because people preferred the normal one, since it was already so well established.

10-01-2004 at 04:01 AM
wackhead_uk
Stuwy
Exploded
Earth
Imploded
"DROD
Reloaded"
Sequel?
Probably not.
10-01-2004 at 06:07 PM
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
Thanx for ending the 1word story. It was funny but a way to get lots of post counts.

10-03-2004 at 11:06 PM
Stuwy
When it first started, rank points were already implented. So nobody could gain another level unless you had very creative, funny and witty responses through the story.

10-04-2004 at 06:44 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Well, usually in a topic like that, only the first few good posts are rated. People seem to be too apathetic for the rest.

10-04-2004 at 07:13 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
Well, usually in a topic like that, only the first few good posts are rated. People seem to be too apathetic for the rest.

Actually, it just got too random.

Many people were trying to relate the middle and end parts back to the start themes, but then other people swung it off again at a completely random tangent. It got boring after a while. Plus, a lot of the grammar became extremely incoherent towards the middle, so some of it didn't make sense anyway.

10-04-2004 at 11:24 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Re-located One Word Story "Discussion" Thread (AKA the O.W.S ending poll) (RIP One Word Story. April 18th to Sept. 30 2004)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com