Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Smuggling Weapons Out Of A Room (Cool Glitch)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bomber50
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 872
IP: Logged
icon Smuggling Weapons Out Of A Room (+1)  
1. Create two rooms, connected to each other by floor.
2. In one room, place a weapon token (other than an RBS one)on one tile and a clone on another.
3. Play-test. Stand on the weapon token. Tab twice and then leave the room.

Voila! You now have a completely different weapon. You can now seriously break holds. The game now seems to think that the weapon you just smuggled out is your default weapon.

The effect on the TSS hold seems to be this (minor spoilers):
Click here to view the secret text

07-29-2014 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: Smuggling Weapons Out Of A Room (+2)  
Hmmm.

So a player has both a more permanent "weaponType" and a less permanent "localRoomWeaponType". Stepping on a token changes localRoomWeaponType, so its effect should end with the current room. A script sets weaponType, so its effect lasts longer than the current room.

But a clone has just one "weaponType" field. And switching to a clone always sets the player's permanent weaponType, no matter how that clone got its weapon.

I could change things so that switching to a clone only sets localRoomWeaponType and never weaponType, but there would still be strange scenarios. Like a script sets weapon type, the player changes to a clone that's not wielding that weapon type and leaves the room. In the next room, the player has the weapon most recently set by a script. Maybe that's a good behavior?

02-08-2015 at 01:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4592
icon Re: Smuggling Weapons Out Of A Room (+1)  
schep wrote: I could change things so that switching to a clone only sets localRoomWeaponType and never weaponType, but there would still be strange scenarios. Like a script sets weapon type, the player changes to a clone that's not wielding that weapon type and leaves the room. In the next room, the player has the weapon most recently set by a script. Maybe that's a good behavior?
Yes, that's what I would expect. When a script sets the weapon type, that becomes the new default weapon, which they regain on leaving the room (for example, if they step on a weapon token during the room). I would expect changing weapons with a clone to behave similarly.

02-08-2015 at 02:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: Smuggling Weapons Out Of A Room (0)  
Yes, that would be my expectation too.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
02-11-2015 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
schep
Rank Points: 865
icon Re: Smuggling Weapons Out Of A Room (+2)  
Okay, tested and pushed a change so that clones won't affect the player's weapon in the next room.
02-12-2015 at 12:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: Smuggling Weapons Out Of A Room (0)  
This issue appears to have been fixed for 5.0.2. I was unable to change my default weapon using a weapon token and a Beethro clone.
07-26-2015 at 07:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Smuggling Weapons Out Of A Room (Cool Glitch)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com