Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Cloud sync doesn't carry over secret percentage correctly (Seems to only carry over the secrets cleared by the latest save)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1129
IP: Logged
icon Cloud sync doesn't carry over secret percentage correctly (+1)  
On my desktop player file, I have JtRH, GatEB and FtFT mastered. GatEB and FtFT were mastered without restoring, (all the secrets were cleared on the same save file) and 100% secrets carried over. JtRH was mastered using restores, and only 11% of secrets carried over. I have victory demos for all of them though.

Another issue, possibly related: not every hold I had progress in uploaded at all.

06-22-2014 at 05:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
tiohn
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
icon Re: Cloud sync doesn't carry over secret percentage correctly (0)  
Cloud sync isn't working for me at all. I get messages that it is syncing, but my progress isn't synced back and forth between machines at all.
06-27-2014 at 02:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Penumbra
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 358
On top of just secret percentages, I haven't gotten any syncing of the TSS hold at all. My second computer still only gives me the "Start New Game" option.

I imported my full player profile into my primary TSS, then pressed "Activate Cloud Sync" in the Settings window. I installed my secondary TSS and, in the "Change Player" menu selected "Get player data from cloud."

This gives me my saves (minus secrets) for all holds except for the TSS hold itself. I only get "Play New Game" as an option, no "Restore".

I tried starting a new game, quitting, and then using the "Get" action from "Change Player," but no change. Now I'm scared of using the "Activate Cloud Sync" button again, as it might overwrite my primary save.

What have I done wrong?

[Last edited by Penumbra at 06-27-2014 10:11 PM]
06-27-2014 at 04:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Penumbra
I see now that my profile link shows all the saved hold data. And, the second sky is marked as

The Second Sky	06-27-2014 at 07:45 AM

Which is from this morning when I tried to create a new game on my second machine. Does this mean I could overwrite my main profile? I am still afraid of the "enable" button under settings because the info box makes it sound like it will replace the cloud, instead of add to it.
06-28-2014 at 02:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
I've made a fix to ensure saved game recording of secret room completions will be exported so hold secret completion progress is retained.

Fixed for 5.0.1.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-28-2014 at 03:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
tiohn
Can someone please explain cloud sync to me like I'm 5? I set up one profile on a machine for cloud sync, everything looks good. I play. I get notices that things are syncing, this is reflected on my forum profile. All is good.

I install on a new machine, try every combination of importing the same player from a usb drive, importing from cloud, etc, and get notifications of cloud syncing, but this isn't happening and none of my progress is being saved across machines. How am I supposed to be using this?
06-28-2014 at 04:04 AM
mrimer
tiohn wrote:
I install on a new machine, try every combination of importing the same player from a usb drive, importing from cloud, etc, and get notifications of cloud syncing, but this isn't happening and none of my progress is being saved across machines. How am I supposed to be using this?
This is how you're supposed to be using this. Smells like a bug.

06-28-2014 at 04:06 AM
tiohn
mrimer wrote:
tiohn wrote:
I install on a new machine, try every combination of importing the same player from a usb drive, importing from butt, etc, and get notifications of butt syncing, but this isn't happening and none of my progress is being saved across machines. How am I supposed to be using this?
This is how you're supposed to be using this. Smells like a bug.
If it makes a difference, this is cross-platform. One machine is Windows, the other OSX.
06-28-2014 at 04:19 AM
Penumbra
tiohn wrote:
If it makes a difference, this is cross-platform. One machine is Windows, the other OSX.

Interesting. My primary is Ubuntu, and I am trying to sync to my Windows box.
06-28-2014 at 04:38 AM
mrimer
The platform shouldn't matter, afaik.

06-28-2014 at 05:01 AM
tiohn
icon Re: Cloud sync doesn't carry over secret percentage correctly (+1)  
I did just discover that if restore progress on my second machine, I get the furthest progress from my first machine. Is this how it should work?

I haven't had a chance to test syncing from the second machine back to the first in the same way yet. Is cloud sync documented somewhere that I can't find?
06-28-2014 at 04:00 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
I've identified some bugs that are making DROD not upload progress to the Cloud. Working on it.

06-28-2014 at 04:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
I don't know if there are any docs on it anywhere. Basically, connecting to the Cloud should keep your hold list and progress consistent on two (or more) machines.

06-28-2014 at 04:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Penumbra

File: CaravelAccount.png (82.4 KB)
Downloaded 300 times.
License: Public Domain
Maybe I missed this issue in a different topic, and then I'm sorry for bumping this one.

My Caravel.net progress still hasn't updated from

The Second Sky	06-27-2014 at 07:45 AM

I've fully uninstalled the game on my Windows box. Exported my full player file from my Ubuntu box. Reinstalled on Windows. Imported my player.

I have my saves, but when I click "Activate Cloud Sync" I get:

What should I do next? I haven't played in a while, and am itching to get back to smiting!

10-04-2014 at 02:19 AM
RyTracer
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 86
This is also an issue for the latest builds of DROD 2, 3, and 4. I just synced all my holds and have mastered all of them, but only GatEB is coming in as completed, and I think it's leaving out the spider caves.

10-08-2014 at 10:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Cloud sync doesn't carry over secret percentage correctly (-1)  
but only GatEB is coming in as completed, and I think it's leaving out the spider caves.

Is this really a bad thing?
10-09-2014 at 06:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Penumbra
Is there a way to have my Caravel Net save progress reset? I have backups of all my saves, maybe it needs a little kick in the pants?

[Last edited by Penumbra at 10-23-2014 09:49 PM]
10-23-2014 at 09:49 PM
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
icon Re: Cloud sync doesn't carry over secret percentage correctly (+5)  
Penumbra wrote:
Is there a way to have my Caravel Net save progress reset? I have backups of all my saves, maybe it needs a little kick in the pants?
There is! Go to 'Profile' -> 'CaravelNet' -> scroll all the way down -> 'Delete all cloud data'
10-23-2014 at 10:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Penumbra
Thank You!
10-23-2014 at 11:48 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Cloud sync doesn't carry over secret percentage correctly (Seems to only carry over the secrets cleared by the latest save)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com