Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : The Flow. (It won't be in JtRH.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon The Flow. (0)  
I don't really want to get into details about JtRH features just yet, but in response to advanced speculation concerning the Flow, you'all should know we aren't planning to have it in JtRH. Maybe in a later release. Maybe a few things have been said that might lead people to believe we would have it, and I don't want anybody's hopes dashed. The Flow is likely to appear in some later release.

-Erik

09-15-2004 at 04:48 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
icon Re: The Flow. (0)  
Ah good! I know that might sound a bit bad to some people, but ti was too confusing for me. Are there any elements in the 'JtRH beta testing(news)' thread that are true, by the way?
09-15-2004 at 04:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
[sigh].....

Oh well - I was looking forward to it, but I know there will be other things to make up for it.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
09-15-2004 at 05:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Wow...I just realised I posted almost as soon as this topic went up on the board...And I have to agree with you, hawk. I'm sure there will be more stuff that will make up for it. :thumbsup
09-15-2004 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
So was the Flow denied entry to Rooted Hold on the basis of coding? Logic? Breaking out of Erik's basement? Something else?

09-16-2004 at 02:41 AM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5067
DiMono wrote:
So was the Flow denied entry to Rooted Hold on the basis of coding? Logic? Breaking out of Erik's basement? Something else?
We had so many potential features to choose from that we were forced to select only about half of the good ones for inclusion. We had our architectural Committee of Experts choose the ones that seem to provide the most overall versatility. The other half of the proposed new features, including the flow, while also a lot of fun, are more specialized, so might be seen in a future add-on to DROD.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-16-2004 at 03:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Cool, Erik and Mike Rimer are announcing a future expansion pack :D

[Edited by DiMono on 09-16-2004 at 02:53 AM GMT]

09-16-2004 at 03:52 AM
wackhead_uk
DROD: Dippy Dungeons - the official expansion pack!
09-16-2004 at 10:32 AM
jdyer
Rank Points: 330
Well, if they're working on *Journey* to Rooted Hold, the next logical step would be Rooted Hold itself.

Wild speculation, don't mind me.

Regarding the Flow, I believe all the discussion came from the fact it was the most complicated thing on the 'possible dungeon features' list, and therefore the most interesting to discuss.

[Edited by jdyer on 09-17-2004 at 01:57 AM GMT]
09-17-2004 at 02:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Has it been removed from the "Upcoming: Possible New Monsters" list? And has something else been put there?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
09-17-2004 at 02:43 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
No, it's still on the page. I really doubt that the page will be updated before JtRH is released. It hasn't changed (except for the additional disclaimer at the top) since it was written, some time before JtRH development started.

09-17-2004 at 02:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Maybe the expansion pack could be called "Just get through these levels and then uou can get into rooted hold. maybe. If you say please."
09-17-2004 at 08:13 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: The Flow. (+1)  
eytanz wrote:
No, it's still on the page. I really doubt that the page will be updated before JtRH is released. It hasn't changed (except for the additional disclaimer at the top) since it was written, some time before JtRH development started.

I was initially going to take this page down, but Erik convinced me to leave this page up, exactly as written, without any updates. The idea was to give some idea of how suggested features will work. This is different to confirmed features, and the source of great confusion. In any case, I'm no longer convinced I need the entire section (the Spin-off Showcase will move to Fun Stuff, for example) and this page will probably disappear in that shift, being more trouble than it was worth.

Think of it as one of theose rumours that they always have in documentation for games, except that this one didn't actually turn out as advertised.

Matt

09-28-2004 at 05:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Yeah, I know what the page is for - I was just pointing out that if the page hasn't changed since JtRH has been in development, it obviously doesn't represent the latest state of the art.

09-28-2004 at 06:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
...or of the game ;)

09-28-2004 at 12:39 PM
wackhead_uk
icon Re: The Flow. (+1)  
Well at least the other dungeon elementws have not been discredited (not the right word, is it?) yet. And you would know about the new dungeon elements, wouldn't you DiMono? seeing as you were he original beta tester back in april? ;)
09-28-2004 at 01:07 PM
DiMono
wackhead_uk wrote:
Well at least the other dungeon elementws have not been discredited (not the right word, is it?) yet. And you would know about the new dungeon elements, wouldn't you DiMono? seeing as you were he original beta tester back in april? ;)
Sure sure, yuck it up. :P You're just jealous you weren't one too :D

09-28-2004 at 11:46 PM
wackhead_uk
I wasnt even signed up then!

And, I have already tested it! In my own little world, that is. Beethro was a big pink bunny and I was a mouse. heehee. heeheehee. :|
09-29-2004 at 08:47 AM
Krishh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 282
wackhead_uk wrote:
I wasnt even signed up then!

And, I have already tested it! In my own little world, that is. Beethro was a big pink bunny and I was a mouse. heehee. heeheehee. :|

:| it is.
10-01-2004 at 03:13 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
wackhead_uk wrote:
Well at least the other dungeon elementws have not been discredited (not the right word, is it?) yet.

I thought that's what we were doing?

To reiterate: Nothing on that page can be counted as being in JtRH. They are demonstrations of suggestions, nothing more.

I'll probably go through the Feature Requests board at some point and make a similar page based on the feature requests on here. Of course, I'm also going to pick a metaphor that makes it a lot clearer that they're monsters in potentiat.

Matt

10-03-2004 at 10:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Just draw them in a thought bubble above someone who's sleeping in a pipe. That should get the message across :)

10-03-2004 at 04:23 PM
wackhead_uk
Hey! I dont appreciate being photographed while I'm asleep!
10-03-2004 at 05:55 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : The Flow. (It won't be in JtRH.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com