Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : 1.1 Bugs This topic has been locked
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
Psithief
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Re: 1.1 Bugs (0)  
Could you please elaborate? I'm having trouble reproducing this. A saved game (immediately after the blizzard scene) would also be nice.

I'm having trouble not replicating it.

You don't have to wait for Chapter 3, the bug begins immediately after getting the items back and persists through the entire game.

If your character doesn't have "Thieving" then any time you return to the Thieve's Lodge the Guard and Kraka are standing there as if the scene were you got your items back never ended.

[Last edited by Psithief at 02-23-2014 08:48 AM]
02-23-2014 at 08:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
I see. You're not supposed to be able to return there, actually, unless you become a member. (edit) fixed for v1.2.

[Last edited by Radiant at 02-23-2014 09:07 AM]
02-23-2014 at 08:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts
Mike the Wino
Psithief wrote:
Could you please elaborate? I'm having trouble reproducing this. A saved game (immediately after the blizzard scene) would also be nice.

I'm having trouble not replicating it.

You don't have to wait for Chapter 3, the bug begins immediately after getting the items back and persists through the entire game.

If your character doesn't have "Thieving" then any time you return to the Thieve's Lodge the Guard and Kraka are standing there as if the scene were you got your items back never ended.

Psithief: Thanks for noting this....it's kind of what I meant to say in the first place.

Radiant: I take it you probably don't need that saved game now that the issue has been fixed for v1.2? If you do, I'll have to go through my recycle bin....

Cheers!
02-23-2014 at 04:36 PM
Radiant
Mike the Wino wrote: Radiant: I take it you probably don't need that saved game now that the issue has been fixed for v1.2? If you do, I'll have to go through my recycle bin....
No, this one is no longer needed. Thanks!

02-23-2014 at 05:15 PM
Tweak
I encountered a problem after Eitri removed the door to his place. Instead of immediately addressing this mini-puzzle, I used an item that I knew could be traded. He performed the trade, but the dialogue about leaving was inaccessible.

I thought to try just waiting until he was scheduled to go elsewhere, at which point he would normally teleport the player outside, but it seemed as though time was not advancing normally. I couldn't use the wait function, but the sleep options didn't help either. I gave up on it and loaded a prior save.

I know that there is a solution to the puzzle that does not involve the dialogue options, but I do not believe it was intended for players to lose that method of solving the puzzle.

[Last edited by Tweak at 02-24-2014 04:21 AM]
02-24-2014 at 04:17 AM
Jack Stryker
Rank Points: 13
2 bugs I've discovered:

1. When stopping by Regin's house in the morning, to give him the chest, I didn't see him there. Just Kraka sitting on the floor. So I went into the thieves' guild (no, I'm not reporting Kraka somehow teleporting there, since I know that's been mentioned already) and left. Then, sure enough, Regin's there reading his book. Only... he's not sitting at his desk, he's in the center of his house and- believe it or not- he's sitting on air. (hehe :P)

2. I don't know if this has been mentioned, but when standing in front of Eitri's mirror, only the bottom half of the reflection seems to be showing. That's not the whole bug though. I stood there, while listening to his stories and then when he finished and made the door reappear, the top half of my reflection reappeared as well.

Are those reflections supposed to mean anything, by the way? Because every time I play, it's someone different. On one playthrough the mirror shows me as Lithrasir, another I'm Kraka, another I'm... a spectre?
03-12-2014 at 07:20 PM
Jack Stryker
Rank Points: 13
One other thing, I don't know if this has been mentioned either, but... often times I'll be fighting an enemy and the combat suddenly speeds so uncomfortably fast that the enemy knocks off about a third of my health in the blink of an eye.

On my current playthrough, I had that happen so many times against Brauggi, that I had to turn the game speed down all the way just to have a chance at beating him. That and repeatedly using lethal flurry, with the battle axe.
03-13-2014 at 11:25 PM
Radiant
Jack Stryker wrote:
One other thing, I don't know if this has been mentioned either, but... often times I'll be fighting an enemy and the combat suddenly speeds so uncomfortably fast that the enemy knocks off about a third of my health in the blink of an eye.
I suspect this issue is local to your computer, e.g. due to other applications running at the same time.

03-13-2014 at 11:35 PM
CaptainJei
I don't know if this is a bug, but it definitely was a bit awkward:

Just to see what would happen, I tried throwing a dagger at Regin in the thieves' lodge. The narrator said, "Regin calls for help!" A few moments passed with nothing happening, then a dialog portrait of Liff appeared out of nowhere as he shouted, "How dare you... etc."
03-14-2014 at 07:19 AM
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
Hehe yeah, all the villagers actually know where the Thieves' Lodge is :) I picked that up the other day too.
03-14-2014 at 07:30 AM
Stranger of Hope
Hi. I love this game. I just logged in to post a pretty funny bug.

I was playing Chapter 3. I was in Lithrasir's Tavern just sitting on the bench opposite of Snorri. And she said it was time to close up. (If you're interested in recreating this, this might've been right after I told her that Liff wanted to meet her at the Holt. So maybe she was closing up earlier than usual to meet me outside the city gates. But since it's been a few days since I encountered this bug, I can't remember if these were the exact circumstances it happened.)

Anyway, my character was sitting on the bench when Lithrasir asked everyone to leave. And my character never actually fully stood up, but rather sidled awkwardly out the door. Even better was when they cut to the exterior shot, my character was now a short little pile of fiery ashes. Yes, I could still move around, but I was no longer recognizably human. Leaving the screen and attempts to change the walking animation (running, sneaking) didn't help.

Also, just to confirm an earlier post, I too seemed unable to rob Snorri's house as the thief. As soon as I successfully make it to the top floor and try to rob the cabinet--the game pretends like I successfully took the bird, but immediately afterwards Snorri ALWAYS sees me. It doesn't seem to matter where he is in relation to my character, he always sees me.

[Last edited by Stranger of Hope at 03-21-2014 08:31 PM]
03-21-2014 at 07:59 PM
Radiant
Since 1.2 is now available on Steam, I'll lock this thread (but feel free to open other threads for bugs in v1.2). In particular, the puzzle in Snorri's house has been fixed now.

Changelog is as follows:
Achievements have been implemented.
Bonus boss enemies no longer show up at easy difficulty level.
Decreased weight of starting armor, and characters with throwing skill now start with a dagger.
Certain of the jotunn's, Fenrir's, and Egther's attacks can no longer be blocked with your shield, nor the shield spell.
Hybrid characters can no longer sell an alchemical item if they have herbalism skill, nor learn a maneuver they cannot use, nor sneak past a certain NPC without stealth skill.
Rogues now have an extra possibility to obtain the runic stick and the strange tool, and can once more obtain the blackbird.
Again fixes for reported bugs, including but not limited to map icon for the thieves' lodge, returning to the lodge later as a non-rogue, being unable to switch weapons in a chase, Eitri's responses while he's showing off, one of Arngrim's dialog topics not showing up, a draug corpse blocking an important hotspot, and the targeting hotspot on the vortex stone.

03-21-2014 at 11:06 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : 1.1 Bugs This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com