Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Bugs (A few bugs I found) This topic has been locked
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
MrWhitman
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon Bugs (0)  
1. After fighting an ice giant and getting hit by it's freezing spell, a small chunk of ice remained onscreen in all "generic" outdoor places. It didn't disappear until I went into town and left again.

2. When asking the Valkyrie about the scalding lake her voice actress says, "hot" the text says, "warm".

3. When you look at the scarf in the inventory it says, "scarfreduces" it needs to be spaced.

4. When I gathered more than 100 coins the game said they weigh "1 stones".

[Last edited by MrWhitman at 01-10-2014 08:02 AM]
01-10-2014 at 07:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts
Fizzii
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Bugs (0)  
Thanks for the reports. We'll get them fixed in the next version.
01-10-2014 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts
sytsky
Rank Points: 9
I've catched TWO Bugs - so I'm
NOT
SO Proud of Them as You ARE !

[Last edited by sytsky at 01-11-2014 12:46 AM]
01-11-2014 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts
MrWhitman
Okay more bugs:

Click here to view the secret text

2. If you die of exhaustion due to climbing you will fall to the ground, then start the "falling into water" animation.

3. Resting inside the guild in the way of the guildmaster when she's trying to leave causes her to leave the room but the top of her head stays at the door. If you continue to rest until she comes back, she'll reach you, pause, then disappear and reappear at the doorway and walk in.
01-11-2014 at 07:20 AM
sytsky
THE TOO FEW MANY BUGS FOR 6-YEAR GAME --- NOT 10-YEARS !:)
01-11-2014 at 07:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts
MrWhitman
I don't know if it's a bug, but you can die while training with the guild caretaker. If you hold a dodging position for too long, you'll lose all your stamina and then health.
01-12-2014 at 07:08 AM
Fizzii
Heh yeah, that can happen :)

Thanks for noting the other bugs. Good eye.
01-12-2014 at 07:12 AM
MrWhitman
Sorry to bring in so many of these:

1. If you look at Hervor the text says, "She is speaks..."

2. If you try to talk to the door over the Blacksmith's shop, a message about shovels comes up.

[Last edited by MrWhitman at 01-12-2014 10:28 AM]
01-12-2014 at 09:17 AM
Aquillion
In Andvari's house, if you stand in the upper area (where you're upside-down) and blink to the lower area, the game crashes.

If you pickpocket the letter back from Liff, then give it to him again, he'll thank you and pay you for it a second time. You can do this unlimited times, getting ten gold each time.

You can play dice with Snorri in the tavern after Volund has left. Doing so will cause Volund's lines to be spoken by empty air, and will cause Volund to be present in the minigame screen even though he's already left the tavern.

Also, as with Liff, you can repeatedly pickpocket stuff from Regin and sell them back, although in this case it perhaps make a bit more sense because they tend to not be unique things -- the above bug aside.

If you attempt to give Eitri an item she won't accept on account of you having already given her something in that category, she will take it from you anyway, even though the dialog says she's rejecting it. (She doesn't pay you anything, you just lose your item.)

[Last edited by Aquillion at 01-12-2014 10:56 AM]
01-12-2014 at 09:33 AM
loviballet
When I defeated the elf guy to rescue Heime, I tried to leave the area and the dialogue said something like, "You can't leave now! Defeat [that frost giant bad guy whose name I forgot. Eg something] or bring about Ragnarok!"
Also sometimes I can see icons behind the black borders, if that makes sense. Like at the very beginning cutscene where the heroine walks from the lower right into the storm, I can see her waiting in the border and then walking on like she's in the wings of a theatre or something.
Right now, I tried to Blink across the Elf-who's-holding-Heime's house over the shiny trap floor and to the wooden floor that's on the right wall, and the game crashed.
01-12-2014 at 06:32 PM
Fizzii
If you attempt to give Eitri an item she won't accept on account of you having already given her something in that category, she will take it from you anyway, even though the dialog says she's rejecting it. (She doesn't pay you anything, you just lose your item.)

Eitri should give you back the first item which you had given. while taking the second item.
01-12-2014 at 07:44 PM
Aquillion
Oh, oops. I probably pickpocketed the first item back immediately after trading it to her.
01-12-2014 at 08:06 PM
Fizzii
Ah ok, thanks for the extra detail. :)
01-12-2014 at 08:20 PM
Antidragon4185
Rank Points: 11
Found another bug;

My rogue was fighting the Zombies in the graveyard (the western portion) but when I was fighting them at full speed and lowest difficulty, I got an error message and the game quit. (I was useing thrown daggers exclusively) This happned three times (I had a saved game nearby) so I'll try to type down what the message said...

EDIT:
Here is the text. I was able to contiune the game by changeing the speed down to moderate, but I thought I would let you folks know.;)

An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.3.0.148)

In “Module5.asc”, line 1125
From “GlobalScript.asc”, line 2731

Error: SetCharacterFrame: invalid frame specified

[Last edited by Antidragon4185 at 01-12-2014 11:18 PM]
01-12-2014 at 11:12 PM
MrWhitman

01-13-2014 at 07:28 AM
MrWhitman
Having finished the game with a character I uncreatively called, "Heroine" I got a j and a square instead of the "H" with her name at the end of the game.

When fighting in the cave of bones, the blacksmith kept appearing when I was trying to fight brigands.

The crypt key is described as a silver key when hovered over but called a brass key when looked at.
01-15-2014 at 11:06 PM
sytsky
Shut Down !!!
01-15-2014 at 11:27 PM
Zachski
Antidragon4185 wrote:
Found another bug;

My rogue was fighting the Zombies in the graveyard (the western portion) but when I was fighting them at full speed and lowest difficulty, I got an error message and the game quit. (I was useing thrown daggers exclusively) This happned three times (I had a saved game nearby) so I'll try to type down what the message said...

EDIT:
Here is the text. I was able to contiune the game by changeing the speed down to moderate, but I thought I would let you folks know.;)

An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.3.0.148)

In “Module5.asc”, line 1125
From “GlobalScript.asc”, line 2731

Error: SetCharacterFrame: invalid frame specified

That's because you threw 8 or more daggers, which the game crashes trying to load the sprite for that.
01-15-2014 at 11:36 PM
Matt620
I had a similar error like that. Instead, it was:

(ACI version 3.3.0.148)

In “Room69.asc”, line 35
From “Room69.asc”, line 413

Error: AnimateCharacter: invalid loop number specified

I was in the wizard's duel as a sorceress, casting Flame Cloak after I cast Shadow to get into the corner.
01-16-2014 at 12:29 AM
sytsky
IF Being You Are of Beta-Tester = SUCH FAME
Winds Out Both of Us.
01-16-2014 at 01:12 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
MrWhitman wrote:
2. If you try to talk to the door over the Blacksmith's shop, a message about shovels comes up.
I'm unable to reproduce this. Which door and what message are you referring to?

01-20-2014 at 07:05 PM
Radiant
Aquillion wrote:
Also, as with Liff, you can repeatedly pickpocket stuff from Regin and sell them back, although in this case it perhaps make a bit more sense because they tend to not be unique things -- the above bug aside.
I'm unable to reproduce this either; please elaborate.

01-20-2014 at 09:28 PM
Radiant
loviballet wrote:
Also sometimes I can see icons behind the black borders, if that makes sense. Like at the very beginning cutscene where the heroine walks from the lower right into the storm, I can see her waiting in the border and then walking on like she's in the wings of a theatre or something.
Do you have a screenshot?

01-20-2014 at 09:31 PM
At the beginning of the game when the heroine wakes up in the Adventurers' Guild, if you're quick enough you can move the cursor to the top of the screen and open the menu bar before the fade-in animation is finished.

Also, on the title screen, you can click on any text that isn't a button and this will trigger a button sound effect.

For some reason, the cursor stays as an hourglass for one or two seconds when you access the bonus material screen (is something loading in the background? It doesn't seem so though). Moreover, you can use right clicks to change the cursor on that screen as well as the keyboard shortcuts. If you type Enter, the game will freeze and exit.

[Last edited by 1848 at 01-20-2014 09:44 PM]
01-20-2014 at 09:35 PM
Aquillion
Radiant wrote:
Aquillion wrote:
I'm unable to reproduce this either; please elaborate.
I'm playing a Sorceress with Stealth and Thievery, having ground both to 100.

If I do the letter quest, steal everything else Liff has, and then pickpocket from him, I'll steal the letter I gave him back. If I give it to him again, he reacts as if I just gave it to him for the first time, including giving me another 10 gold. At high levels of thievery, this can be repeated over and over to earn a lot of money.

With Regin it's a bit harder, because you're not allowed to steal from him in the guild; but if I sell him something, I can later find him in town and steal it back, then sell it to him again and again as often as I like.

[Last edited by Aquillion at 01-21-2014 11:20 PM]
01-21-2014 at 11:19 PM
Radiant
Aquillion wrote: With Regin it's a bit harder, because you're not allowed to steal from him in the guild; but if I sell him something, I can later find him in town and steal it back, then sell it to him again and again as often as I like.
I believe if you try that with Regin, you'll get no money for the subsequent times you sell it (although with Liff you do). Is that correct?

01-21-2014 at 11:25 PM
Aquillion
Radiant wrote:
Aquillion wrote: With Regin it's a bit harder, because you're not allowed to steal from him in the guild; but if I sell him something, I can later find him in town and steal it back, then sell it to him again and again as often as I like.
I believe if you try that with Regin, you'll get no money for the subsequent times you sell it (although with Liff you do). Is that correct?
Hmm, that's right, he doesn't pay me for it again. I guess I must've just assumed I could sell it to him repeatedly the way I could with Liff.
01-22-2014 at 07:01 AM
Fizzii
MrWhitman, can you provide more detail for this report? I can't seem to replicate it.

01-22-2014 at 09:51 AM
wasteland
I had a bug playing as a Fighter at the very beginning of the game. I had 3 or 4 wolf pelts and I was putting them into storage so I wasn't over burdened. When I put the last one in, the weight I was carrying increased from just over 100 to 180 or 190 something. I think when the weight changes from 3 digits to 2 digits it keeps showing the 1 in the first digit spot.
02-04-2014 at 11:32 PM
Radiant
Since v1.1 is now out, I'm going to lock this thread because the issues listed here should be resolved. Feel free to start another thread on bugs you may find in v1.1 though.

02-05-2014 at 08:18 PM
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Bugs (A few bugs I found) This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com