Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Architectural Process. (a.k.a. "Read me first".) This topic has been locked
New Topic New Poll
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon The Architectural Process. (+1)  
If you aim to share your hold with other people, do it this way:

1. Make your hold.
2. Test your hold so that you are certain all rooms are solvable.
3. Post your hold here on the "architecture" board and ask for feedback. Alternately, if you have a CaravelNet subscription, you may create a private beta board and invite forum members of your choice to help you out with testing.
4. Respond with any changes to the hold you feel are appropriate.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the hold is about as good as it will ever be.
6. Submit the hold for approval. The HAs will look it over and verify everything is in order (see here). Once this step is completed, your hold will be officially promoted to the "Holds" board!

It's a good process, and I think you will come to appreciate it. Now, you don't have to follow the process, but that's like saying you don't have to shower or brush your teeth or say that babies are cute when asked. There's social consequences to contend with, of course. And don't let this sound too discouraging--I'm sure you'll do a splendid job. Lots of people are impatiently waiting for you to finish your hold right now!

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-22-2008 02:19 AM]
08-30-2004 at 07:12 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds
New Topic New Poll
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : The Architectural Process. (a.k.a. "Read me first".) This topic has been locked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com