Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Modified and Expanded Sorting Filters in Locations Screen (Sometimes you just want to use more than one at a time...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
IP: Logged
icon Modified and Expanded Sorting Filters in Locations Screen (+1)  
So, anyone who's seen me in the chat in the mornings lately knows I lost my player data. :( I've been able to at least recover the part of it that was pre-DROD4, as I never removed my TCB install, but in the process of bringing it in, a lot of secret rooms in holds I had mastered got marked unbeaten for some reason or another, usually (it seems) ones that I went back and dealt with after completing the hold.

When I'm selecting a hold to play, I usually use the Un-Mastered filter, so that I can see which ones I haven't totally finished off. Unfortunately, what I want right now is a Completed-but-not-Mastered filter, which isn't currently an option.

So, the feature request: Expanded and toggleable filters. Basically, what I think would be useful would be, instead of the tiny box that we have to scroll through, a set of checkboxes that could be selected between to set different combinations of filters. Completed/Unmastered, Uncompleted/AE, and so on.

Also potentially useful at the same time: If possible, tweak the backend a little to have CNet report to DROD when there's missing scores in a hold. Not necessarily so far as to report *which* ones, but at least a heads-up to the user that some of the scores didn't send properly or got lost in a DROD update.

05-17-2013 at 09:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Pinnacle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1134
icon Re: Modified and Expanded Sorting Filters in Locations Screen (0)  
Also would a filter for Post-mastered or Perfected be possible? Basically meaning all rooms have been explored and conquered. Especially now that many holds have multiple post-mastery levels, mastering a hold just seems to be the tip of the iceberg.

[Last edited by Pinnacle at 05-21-2013 01:56 AM]
05-21-2013 at 01:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
icon Re: Modified and Expanded Sorting Filters in Locations Screen (0)  
Hikari wrote:
what I want right now is a Completed-but-not-Mastered filter, which isn't currently an option.
I've implemented this filter option for 5.0. The additional ideas are nice, but I'm not sure when we'll be able to get to them.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-21-2013 at 05:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Modified and Expanded Sorting Filters in Locations Screen (Sometimes you just want to use more than one at a time...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com