Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Scoring needs to be reworked
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
subanark
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
IP: Logged
icon Scoring needs to be reworked (+1)  
The problem:
Scoring in the game is based on health/stats/keys/money/rep. This leads to two problems:
1. To get a higher score you need to cleanup the hold, go back get potions you didn't pick up earlier while waiting for more defense to take less damage to get them and other similar situations.
2. In some cases you can skip high score check points and return to them after your stats are boosted. This leads to basically optimizing the entire game and then returning to each bonus high score spot separably.

The solution:
Golf scoring. Give points for doing "bad" things and the top scores are those that score the lowest.
Points would be given for:
Taking damage
Using keys
Spending money
Using single use items (maybe)
Rep (You can kill enemies at a later point with a 2x gold item/weapon. Maybe hard enemies that are a challange to kill can give negative rep. And items that increase gold also decrease rep).

This way the player gets a higher score for taking shortcuts and skipping unneeded powerups if they can get to the end point with less damage (which is generally how you play to get higher scores at later score check points).
04-25-2013 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
icon Re: Scoring needs to be reworked (0)  
I approve.

I wish that man would stay away
04-26-2013 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Scoring needs to be reworked (+1)  
While I completely disagree with the opinions in the opening post, this Editable score conversion values feature covers off this request too. https://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=44777

As you can now make REP scorable, so you can make anything you want scorable by making it change your REP. (REPs entire purpose being a placeholder stat for you to do whatever you want with).
06-11-2023 at 08:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Scoring needs to be reworked
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com