Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Ideas for bar jokes (You know, those things that pop up when you click the bar.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
IP: Logged
icon Ideas for bar jokes (+5)  
I have a habbit that could be debated whether or not it's good, of clicking the bar, and then refreshing the page to click it again. As a result I have seen a good chunk of the things that happen when the bar is clicked on. So what i am sterting this thread for, is the submission of new jokes the bar can make. These jokes invariably include the number of times it has been clicked. You might get the hang of it by reading my ideas below.

"In an ttempt to perform a bold expiriment the new project is a game in a prototype format that we call, (number of bar clicks)th person shooter.

"This bar message brought to to by (number of bar clicks)th bar message writer."

A slayer appears and sends out a wisp, that marks a path writing out the number of bar clicks, in a sort of numerical cursive, before reaching Beethro on the other side of the screen.

"Plans are being made to release a new version of DROD where each room will have (number of bar clicks) tiles."

"The next version of DROD RPG will feature a roach king monster, sporting (number of bar clicks) health."

"The new game will feature a branching storyline, determined by the players choices. So far there are (number of bar clicks) different possible endings"

"In case you never figured it out, the solution to the LED puzzle from the flash DROD bar was (number of bar clicks)"

The number of bar clicks is written out as words (IE one two three) in simphul english.

"Had Beethro let the 'Neather keep talking during the KDD end sequence, he would have lived to deliver (number of bar clicks) peices of wisdom."

A room appears with nothing in it but Beethro, who then moves as if a player is entes the number of bar clicks on the numeric keypad, hitting the W key whenever a zero comes up.

"Molby has just managed to perfect the first (number of bar clicks) seconds of the universal song."

"Recently a dungeon arcitect repeated the oath to me (number of bar clicks) times."

"For those of you who are wondering, the eighth is located (number of bar clicks) light years from earth."

01-01-2013 at 01:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Ideas for bar jokes (0)  
These are mostly good, some better than current messages.

Last one's too unobviously false though.

01-01-2013 at 02:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Ideas for bar jokes (+2)  
"A man walks into a bar. OUCH!"

-Erik

01-04-2013 at 06:00 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
Rank Points: 662
How do I get the current bar game to work? I'm using Chrome with the latest version of flash, but no matter what I do it does not respond to my commands.

Official Hold Progress
Click here to view the secret text

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

01-06-2013 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
If you mean the game with the brain and the snake....
If not, which game did you mean? That topic is probably better for such discussion anyway.
01-06-2013 at 01:18 AM
Trickster
Rank Points: 662
Yes, I meant that. Thank you, Moo, for pointing me to the thread; I was not able to find it on my initial peek in the forums. (I've been offline for quite some time due to work.)

Official Hold Progress

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

01-06-2013 at 01:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
I even linked directly to the post which said what the keys were, but I guess you didn't see that... Oh well.
01-06-2013 at 10:14 AM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Ideas for bar jokes (+1)  
See Schik? Haven't I told you people will have problems guessing the controls? ;)

[Last edited by skell at 01-08-2013 07:30 AM]
01-06-2013 at 10:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Ideas for bar jokes (+1)  
And when Soap asked how many, the pub-owner replied that Au was long gone and that despite his wwill of iron, would never give up on Chocolate.

That's how bars roll
01-08-2013 at 05:34 AM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
skell wrote:
See Schik? Haven't I told you people will have problems guessing the controls? ;)
Bah! These "keyboard" thingies are no good at all. All the keys are too close to each other, and when I use them, I'm constantly messing everything up. I mean, look at it! They're all RIGHT. NEXT. TO. EACH. OTHER!

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-10-2013 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
A ghost walks into a bar and gets refused a drink
"Sorry - we don't serve spirits"
01-20-2013 at 06:18 AM
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: Ideas for bar jokes (-3)  
Way to go Eric, by reading only the thread name you accidently hijacked the thread and made it into something that would fit better in the "anything" board.

If I had the power to rename the threads themselves, I would make the wording a little more clear, but alas, the internet is set in ink.

Oh well might as well post a new bar MESSAGE idea while I'm here.

Exactly (number of bar clicks) oremites can fit on a single tile in a DROD room.

02-08-2013 at 02:46 AM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
Average Moe, to make it up to you, I'll post a bar joke that sorta fits both categories.

[X] bottles of beer on the wall. [X] bottles of beer. Take one down, pass it around, [X-1] bottles of beer on the wall.

-Erik

02-08-2013 at 02:58 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Ideas for bar jokes (You know, those things that pop up when you click the bar.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com