Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Widget Factory (Halph and Soldiers)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.2/10 (6 votes)
σ 1.57
Author Name:12th Archivist
Submitted By:12th Archivist
Hold Name:Widget Factory
Theme:Halph and Soldiers
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:2
Number of Rooms:21
Number of Monsters:370
Version:DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder (4.0)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Widget Factory.hold (14.6 KB)
Downloaded 670 times.
License: Other
icon Widget Factory  
In the first level, the player gets to convince Halph to do some work and help complete the room. In the second level, the player has to convince some soldiers instead. Note that there are no secrets or master walls, so do not go searching for them.

Hopefully, the puzzles are varied enough and unique from other holds that have made use of these elements so far. Enjoy!
12-08-2012 at 08:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
noma
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: Widget Factory (+1)  
Here you'll find some very original puzzles, some of which utilize odd quirks that aren't too difficult to figure out. I quite enjoyed the hold, though I would have enjoyed some of these rooms more had they contained checkpoints or better placed checkpoints. But honestly, most solutions are relatively short so having to replay for completion or optimization isn't that tedious. And there is lots of optimization potential here; though I currently have 16 number 1's, I would be surprised if more than a couple of these are still standing in a week. Gauntlet dropped.
12-16-2012 at 02:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Widget Factory (+1)  
It's a pretty neat hold, with lots of fun puzzles of various type though few linchpins. The lack of checkpoints is infuriating, but overall the hold is enjoyable.

01-05-2014 at 06:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Widget Factory (Halph and Soldiers) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com