Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : An open letter to Zch and Kallor (It's important.)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pearls
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 767
IP: Logged

File: GJL Mastery.png (797.5 KB)
Downloaded 379 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Open reply to Pearls (+10)  
Zch wrote:

Let's do this: I'll put the beginner-level-hold thing on architecture board, in the state it is on that moment,
when you master our hold and publish the final video of your GJL-lets-play.

Dear Zch, Dear Kallor,

I have completed your hold and now I am upset.

You promised me you had everything under control, involving the witches and blood sacrifices, and you lied to me.

Gigantic Jewel Lost was incredible. Too incredible. Used dark magic and sacrificed goats incredible. I...I am at a loss. You stretched the potential of puzzle elements in ways where every time I solved a puzzle I felt a beaming, bursting surge of pride. I can't even begin to imagine about how you went about coming up half of those complexities; nuanced balance of aesthetic and nifty puzzles that play off each other, use of the scripting engine that lead to some rather unusual and spectacular thinking about elements I thought I was used to. You have everything to be proud of. Minus the witchcraft. Such, such, such an accomplishment. A puzzle experience of that caliber is a treat. I haven't had that much fun playing a video game (not just puzzle games) in, well, I have no idea. Maybe ever.

That said, I believe Zch promised me he would post his beginner hold on the Architecture boards if I mastered the hold and uploaded the video in which I did, and after a lot of blood and tears, I have. It was totally, totally worth the experience, regardless.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Pearls at 01-08-2013 03:28 AM]
01-08-2013 at 03:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: An open letter to Zch and Kallor (0)  
Sounds like a 10/10
01-08-2013 at 05:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kallor
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 277
icon Re: An open letter to Zch and Kallor (+3)  
Congratulations! :thumbsup
Well played!

01-08-2013 at 01:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zch
Rank Points: 503
icon Re: Open reply to Pearls (+3)  
Pearls wrote:
Zch wrote:

Let's do this: I'll put the beginner-level-hold thing on architecture board, in the state it is on that moment,
when you master our hold and publish the final video of your GJL-lets-play.

Dear Zch, Dear Kallor,

I have completed your hold and now I am upset.

You promised me you had everything under control, involving the witches and blood sacrifices, and you lied to me.

Gigantic Jewel Lost was incredible. Too incredible. Used dark magic and sacrificed goats incredible. I...I am at a loss. You stretched the potential of puzzle elements in ways where every time I solved a puzzle I felt a beaming, bursting surge of pride. I can't even begin to imagine about how you went about coming up half of those complexities; nuanced balance of aesthetic and nifty puzzles that play off each other, use of the scripting engine that lead to some rather unusual and spectacular thinking about elements I thought I was used to. You have everything to be proud of. Minus the witchcraft. Such, such, such an accomplishment. A puzzle experience of that caliber is a treat. I haven't had that much fun playing a video game (not just puzzle games) in, well, I have no idea. Maybe ever.

That said, I believe Zch promised me he would post his beginner hold on the Architecture boards if I mastered the hold and uploaded the video in which I did, and after a lot of blood and tears, I have. It was totally, totally worth the experience, regardless.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

[attachment]

Oo... you blaming us about witchcraft... I've watched your let's plays, and there's no way anyone can solve puzzles that quickly and effortlessly without using some evil magicks himself.

I would have needed some more time with that beginner hold, but as promised I'll be uploading it now (at least the few first levels are more or less complete)

Anyway, thank you for playing our hold and making those videos. They have been both entertaining and educational. And congratulations for mastering!
01-08-2013 at 06:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pearls
Rank Points: 767
Hey, don't let me bully you. If you want to wait a bit, to get it in a vaguely more presentable form, by all means. :D

Click here to view the secret text

01-08-2013 at 06:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zch
Rank Points: 503
Pearls wrote:
Hey, don't let me bully you. If you want to wait a bit, to get it in a vaguely more presentable form, by all means. :D

Nope, that thing has been stuck on my hard drive way too long already. I almost lost everything once when my old computer retired.

And, to be honest, I think it might actually have been better to submit it for testing much earlier in development anyway.
Now the first levels are already filled, so if people test the hold and find out that I have missed some techniques or tricks that should be introduced early in the hold I'll be sad...
01-08-2013 at 07:15 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : An open letter to Zch and Kallor (It's important.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com