Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Webfoot DROD
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bandit1200
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 290
IP: Logged
icon Webfoot DROD (0)  
I lost my original Webfoot DROD this week due to two faulty HDD's. I had my original 14 year old installation on one drive and the setup with v1.11 patch on the other. I recovered most files from the first drive but the backup drive won't even spin up. At the moment DROD says drod.dun is missing. Can anyone help? Before anyone points out the legalities, I bought the game in 1998, so I am entitled to it. :) I know the later games are better, but it's a nostalgia thing, and I was in the middle of replaying it alongside KDD2.

It's bad enough that my Caravelnet finishes on my birthday next week. Is that even allowed? :P
06-22-2012 at 11:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bandit1200
icon Re: Webfoot DROD (+1)  
You can all stop looking for your copy of Webfoot DROD and go back to whatever you were doing, I found a copy on a very old backup CD. :D

Our of interest, I've found it plays OK on Win 7 Pro x86, whereas I had previously had it installed in Dosbox since back when I had Vista. It does look a bit strange on a 24" monitor as the playing area is a small space in the bottom right corner of the screen.

The CD, which it seems I burnt in April 1999, is a real treasure trove. All the old games I bought in the 90's are on there, such as Supaplex, Stoneage, Soul Magician, the Soleau games, Cyberbox, DXBall, etc. I need to get these onto other media before they are lost for good.

OK, I'm going to stop talking to myself and see how many of these will play, with or without Dosbox. :)
06-24-2012 at 11:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Webfoot DROD (0)  
I'm a little surprised no one has put Webfoot DROD up on a torrent site somewhere. I guess it's mainly of historical interest though.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually checked. It could be on a torrent site and bandit1200 didn't check either.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 06-24-2012 11:31 PM]
06-24-2012 at 11:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bandit1200
icon Re: Webfoot DROD (0)  
I did plenty of "googling", but as I've only ever used torrents from dimeadozen, it never even occurred to me to search them. Out of professional interest, I just did, and came up with something related to Webfoot DROD, but not the game.
06-25-2012 at 12:20 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Webfoot DROD
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com