Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Cuttable fuses (based on pre-JtRH bomb ideas)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
IP: Logged
icon Cuttable fuses (0)  
Prior to JtRH, fuses for bombs were intended to be cuttable by Beethro's sword, but the idea was dropped due to complications. Here I am suggesting that this idea be implemented using a second form of fuse which is destroyed when stabbed by any armed player's or character's weapon. For the sake of simplicity, they would still connect to regular fuses as if they were all one kind of fuse, but would be distinguishable visually in some way. This could allow for puzzles based on cutting fuses in right places, preventing fuses from being cut, taking advantage of the weapons of other characters, etc.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

06-12-2012 at 07:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
slimm tom
Rank Points: 1228
icon Re: Cuttable fuses (+1)  
This is cool, but I would propose them to be only cuttable like one breaks mirrors, to make things more interesting, and one coul still cross a fuse without breaking it.
06-12-2012 at 01:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Trickster
Rank Points: 662
icon Re: Cuttable fuses (0)  
NoahT wrote:
Prior to JtRH, fuses for bombs were intended to be cuttable by Beethro's sword, but the idea was dropped due to complications. Here I am suggesting that this idea be implemented using a second form of fuse which is destroyed when stabbed by any armed player's or character's weapon. For the sake of simplicity, they would still connect to regular fuses as if they were all one kind of fuse, but would be distinguishable visually in some way. This could allow for puzzles based on cutting fuses in right places, preventing fuses from being cut, taking advantage of the weapons of other characters, etc.

-Noah
Not a bad idea, but I think using the fuses would be annoying. You'd need to "strafe" over them to light them. It would be particularly easy to cut them by accident while moving.

Maybe if the fuse were cuttable only at marked junctures, or else have it so you can only cut internal segments and have to do it with a stabbing forward motion perpendicular to the fuse. Something like that would make it usable without being annoying. I think you can pretty much do most fuse-cutting puzzles already with one-tile yellow doors, though.

Official Hold Progress

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

06-17-2012 at 11:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Trickster
Rank Points: 662
icon Re: Cuttable fuses (0)  
slimm tom wrote:
This is cool, but I would propose them to be only cuttable like one breaks mirrors, to make things more interesting, and one coul still cross a fuse without breaking it.
Derp. I should read before I type.

Yeah, what slimm tom said.

Official Hold Progress

Favorite Unofficial Holds (I need to play more!)

My Holds

06-17-2012 at 11:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zaratustra00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
icon Re: Cuttable fuses (-1)  
It exists already. It's called "fuse with a door underneath it, with an adjacent orb that opens/closes the door". It will be cut whenever someone hits that orb.
06-29-2012 at 03:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Cuttable fuses (based on pre-JtRH bomb ideas)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com