Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Ozi Cave (A 100% test hold with various monsters in it)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bungeezombie
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
IP: Logged

File: Ozi Cave.hold (71.3 KB)
Downloaded 81 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Ozi Cave (0)  
Beethro explores a cave forfilled with monsters awiting him
09-01-2011 at 12:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
da rogu3
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 491
icon Re: Ozi Cave (+2)  
As a hack & slash hold, it's okay.

Edit: I've marked all the most important points to consider with a *, so you know what to change. I don't think you should submit this yet until a few more people have a chance to look into it.

Specific room comments:
Click here to view the secret text

The other rooms look like they require a lot of work, and I'll comment on them later when I have more time.

[Last edited by da rogu3 at 09-01-2011 07:07 PM]
09-01-2011 at 11:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bungeezombie
icon Re: Ozi Cave (0)  
Thank you for the info and your thought of my hold
Some of your info will definely improve my DROD skills! :thumbsup
09-01-2011 at 06:44 PM
bungeezombie
Oh and I'm going upload this
09-01-2011 at 06:49 PM
west.logan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 608
You might just wait a couple more days. You've barely had it on here (there's probably a good many people who will look at it who haven't yet).

09-01-2011 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bungeezombie
k
09-01-2011 at 07:09 PM
Yur-Val
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 66

File: 1 4.jpg (128.3 KB)
Downloaded 59 times.
License: Public Domain
I don't have an exit there!
09-02-2011 at 11:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Ozi Cave (+1)  
You know what. The more the merrier isn't always true. Some rooms are quite decent, but by the second level I kind of lost interest. Rooms that are really easy, but time consuming, like stiking out twelve identical blobs of gel, is not very funny, IMO.
09-02-2011 at 05:58 PM
noma
Rank Points: 1594
icon Re: Ozi Cave (+2)  
Overall: Not bad. There are some half decent, though simple, puzzles here. But there are a lot of filler rooms. I guess this isn't a bad thing, but it just feels like with a little bit more thought, you could make each room a bit better and up the enjoyment factor. Also as mentioned above: some rooms need checkpoints, others could use better positioned ones.

If you want any specific demos to understand what I'm talking about, let me know.

Ozi Level

Ozi Cave Security

You've put a lot of work into this and many of the rooms are pretty good. Simple yes, but still enjoyable. It'd be a shame not to put a bit more work into it and take this hold from maybe a 4 enjoyment factor up to potentially a 7 or 8. It doesn't need to be more difficult : by having fewer "filler" rooms and tightening up a few other rooms, this hold will be much more interesting and fun. Good luck.

[Last edited by noma at 09-02-2011 06:19 PM : OCS 2N2E comment]
09-02-2011 at 06:01 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Ozi Cave (A 100% test hold with various monsters in it)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com