Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : ghost monsters (use it in tcb)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
matthewpd
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 62
IP: Logged
icon ghost monsters (-4)  
all monsters have to be ghostified except spider and seep. so enjoy! :blowup

Dear cnet members i dont intend to be annoying i just wanna learn. sincerely, mattpd.
and if you mod me down your a Meanie :angry
06-13-2011 at 04:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
icon Re: ghost monsters (0)  
Use what in TCB? You did not provide any sort of file.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-13-2011 at 04:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
I'm thinking it's a feature request?

06-13-2011 at 04:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Either that or he needs upload help for the file. Incidentally, did you know that blue + red = purple? I didn't. My mind was blown.

06-13-2011 at 06:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: ghost monsters (-1)  
Oh my god, I wonder if this is another of those students from that one class Minimike came from.
06-14-2011 at 12:22 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: ghost monsters (+3)  
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't care what age you are, I only care how well you contribute. matthewpd could be 20, for all I know, but as far as I can tell, he's not an actual contributor, he's just a performance artist.

(This frustration is born out of too many in-game chats with him, where two or three was too many. The most recent one, and I wish I'd saved a copy, involved him coming into chat to tell us that he can cut a 2x2 square of mud. And that it leaves three mud babies when he does. I have to assume this is some sort of art, or a sociology class project, or something.)
06-15-2011 at 12:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Tahnan wrote:
I have to assume this is some sort of art, or a sociology class project, or something.
Advanced Trolling for Beginners 401?

[Last edited by Briareos at 06-15-2011 07:01 PM]
06-15-2011 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
I don't really care for age limits.

Honestly, the tar thing is kind of cute and the purple thing is probably meant to draw your attention to the fact that you can't make your text purple on this forum, though you can make all the other primary and secondary pigment colors.
Banjooie wrote:
Oh my god, I wonder if this is another of those students from that one class Minimike came from.
Who's minimike98????? (Maybe this is he.)

06-15-2011 at 07:44 PM
Rat Man
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
icon Re: ghost monsters (+2)  
da rogu3 wrote:
The main issue is, 10-14 years olds might not realise how that might come across as annoying.
I'm 14 and I don't think any normal kid of my age could possibly not know that that would come across as annoying.

06-15-2011 at 08:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
I absolutely adore threads like these, honestly. They're grand. I like to try to pretend they are performance art, like Tahnan said.
06-15-2011 at 10:57 PM
matthewpd

File: from normal to transparent.png (1.1 KB)
Downloaded 84 times.
License: Public Domain
here's my example download it from here.

Dear cnet members i dont intend to be annoying i just wanna learn. sincerely, mattpd.
06-19-2011 at 01:40 AM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Out of curiosity, why would you want that?

06-19-2011 at 01:57 AM
Tahnan
Of course, it's still not remotely clear what the original post means. "all monsters have to be ghostified": I mean, first of all, "have to" sounds like a demand, not a request, which isn't a really sensible way to start a thread. Second, does that mean that the developers should add it to the game? (If so, it's a feature request.) Or that someone should create a graphical mod that does this? (If so, it's illegal, since as matthew's attached picture shows, it involves modifying Caravel's graphics.) And third, well, why?
06-19-2011 at 12:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Timo006
Rank Points: 518

File: GhostTiles.rar (801 bytes)
Downloaded 61 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: ghost monsters (+4)  
Ghostification complete.

Announcement: added to this post is a new mod, possibly even the best mod of the year, made by the award-winning Timo006.

-The GhostTiles mod, aka DROD IN HELL makes all monsters, except for spiders and seep, fully transparent, while leaving other graphics untouched.

-This mod is guaranteed to bring an entire new experience to your DROD game, and has the added side-effect of training your DROD skills to levels that no living man on Earth could ever dream of.

Download now and be the first one to try the new GhostTiles Mod!

to install, extract the files to the bitmaps folder. Then, go to the "Data" folder, open Drod.ini and add the following line under [Graphics]

General=GhostTiles

By doing this, GhostTiles will be instantly activated everytime you open Drod: TCB

[Last edited by Timo006 at 06-19-2011 03:37 PM]
06-19-2011 at 03:35 PM
matthewpd
Timo006 wrote:
Ghostification complete.

Announcement: added to this post is a new mod, possibly even the best mod of the year, made by the award-winning Timo006.

-The GhostTiles mod, aka DROD IN HELL makes all monsters, except for spiders and seep, fully transparent, while leaving other graphics untouched.

-This mod is guaranteed to bring an entire new experience to your DROD game, and has the added side-effect of training your DROD skills to levels that no living man on Earth could ever dream of.

Download now and be the first one to try the new GhostTiles Mod!

to install, extract the files to the bitmaps folder. Then, go to the "Data" folder, open Drod.ini and add the following line under [Graphics]

General=GhostTiles

By doing this, GhostTiles will be instantly activated everytime you open Drod: TCB
Thanks for the download! ;)

06-19-2011 at 03:51 PM
Tahnan
matthewpd wrote:
Thanks for the download! ;)
*facepalm*

(I didn't download Tim's mod. But I'm pretty sure I know what it looks like.)
06-20-2011 at 04:35 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1304
Hey, my half finished mod is better!
Just let me find a link...

EDIT: Here!

[Last edited by Someone Else at 06-20-2011 04:42 AM]
06-20-2011 at 04:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : ghost monsters (use it in tcb)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com