Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Request Votes (A sort of meta-request)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1309
IP: Logged
icon Request Votes (+2)  
I don't know if you've the time for this, but I think that we should add a system of Feature Request votes. This would be a simple mechanism for users to indicate like or dislike for a given feature request.

Some of you are going to be screaming "But we have mod points already!" I disagree. Mod points rate the post itself, whereas these votes would rate the number of players who want to see this feature in an actual game. For instance, a well-written, humorous, and completely insane ray gun idea will get more mod points than an incomplete but innovative idea that could become the next hot tile.

Thoughts?
06-23-2009 at 04:20 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2486
icon Re: Request Votes (0)  
I think they will be pointless. Features will get added if and only Mike and the dev team decide that they will, and I am assuming that the basis for that decision will be on how well the features work, rather than the popularity of the concept.

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 06-23-2009 04:28 AM]
06-23-2009 at 04:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Whether or not what Rabs says is true, I vote that it should be true. "Plays well with others" should dominate popularity, and it is where my vote goes.

Yes, I realize the inherent contradiction in voting against popularity.

06-23-2009 at 04:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
I agree with both Rabscuttle and Zex. It's the Dev's team decision to put it in the game, but the other fourmites should also get a vote as well as a post to say why it's good or bad.

Also going with Zex's idea, "Plays well with other elements" is a high priority, but so is "Original" and "Useful" and "Practical". All of them need high marks for a really good feature request. If there's a feature request that gets a 9 or a 10 (a hypothetical maximum) in all areas, someone from the Dev team could get an Email or a PM or a post on the Dev board (made by a bot) telling them about this cool new idea. However, that's only necessary if the Dev team doesn't regularly check the FR board for intriguing requests.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-23-2009 at 06:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Only the dev's decide, 'nuff said.
06-23-2009 at 08:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
I've read the request, thought about it, and I cannot understand why you're making a request that does not need any forum changes.

Or are you suggesting that Schik should remove the "New Topic" buttons on the FR Board?

06-23-2009 at 09:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
I completely agree that the dev team should get to pick. But the Feature Requests board helps provide them with ideas to pick from - we can up it one step by providing them with good ideas to pick from.
06-23-2009 at 06:26 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
coppro wrote:
I don't know if you've the time for this, but I think that we should add a system of Feature Request votes. This would be a simple mechanism for users to indicate like or dislike for a given feature request.
polls

06-23-2009 at 06:38 PM
coppro
That would work, but I don't think people should be able to control the available options.
06-23-2009 at 09:17 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
Nice idea. I myself like reading over the FRs even if I can't respond at length to them. It gives me good food for thought about what to add. Obviously we can't add everything, and so we do choose what we feel would more or less give the most expandable custom play options overall, but seeing what is most popular would provide a nice sounding board. Still, we already have this in some fashion -- forumites can chime in and say they like something, provide their *STAMP*, etc. But numbers would give this in a more distilled summary form, easier for devs to digest.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 07-06-2009 08:28 PM]
07-06-2009 at 08:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Request Votes (A sort of meta-request)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com