Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Monster sets (We need more than one type)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
IP: Logged
icon Monster sets (0)  
This is more directed towards anyone not just the development team.

If anyone is good with number manipulation could you create a set of attack and defense numbers that would work. I think that our options are quite limited right now. Making it balanced to give the player two attack or one defense.

I wish that man would stay away
06-12-2009 at 07:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mechadragon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
icon Re: Monster sets (0)  
Except that attack/defense/hp sets that 'work' depend on how much hp you can get, how much attack you can get, how much defense, how much of everything you're going to fight and in what order everything opens up to you. There's no formula for it.
10-22-2009 at 09:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
icon Re: Monster sets (0)  
The converse, I would have said. Any list of enemy stats can be made to work by giving appropriate amounts of monsters and power-ups in a hold, not forgetting the possibility of using brains, speed potions and invisibility potions.

However, it has to be said that the stat list we have now (courtesy of TotS) makes things nearly as hard as they could be, with so many "ATK thresholds" that reduce several monsters' number of hits simultaneously. Of course, many of us have counteracted this by making custom monsters in our own holds. As for a complete list of new monster stats, anyone could put one together in half a minute, but it would get confusing if they continued to use the same graphics....

10-22-2009 at 12:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Monster sets (We need more than one type)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com