Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : objects (more objects)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
minimike98
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 1
IP: Logged
icon objects (0)  
i thinc it well be nice to add glue to it yellow and you can atack it from anywear that world be good :glasses
and what about a rainbow gate wear you can open a door with eany key :thumbsup
or lava like a lave pit and a lave monster :lol
if you thinc you can add somethinc add it
Click here to view the secret text

04-15-2009 at 05:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
minimike98
icon Re: objects (0)  
i think more wepons well do and shilds lick a whip+300 atack
04-15-2009 at 05:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
minimike98
Ghost walls lick you can go throe therm and monsters :spamlaser
04-15-2009 at 05:23 AM
minimike98
This is a idea i readed and i thinck its good combow doors i think it a great i dear it waas a players idea but i dont no hes name but thank you your a great thinker :thumbsup
04-15-2009 at 05:40 AM
minimike98
plese feal free to seend replies if you dont lick therm you can steal replie

[Last edited by minimike98 at 04-15-2009 05:55 AM]
04-15-2009 at 05:54 AM
minimike98
icon more objects (0)  
please tell me what you can think of and tell me lick a lick a ombot snack

04-15-2009 at 06:12 AM
RoboBob3000
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1978
Mike - I like the enthusiasm, but please don't post so many times in a row.

04-15-2009 at 06:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: more objects (+2)  
minimike98 wrote:

No, no, let him keep posting.

Figuring out what the hell he's talking about is a mental puzzle worth solving.
04-15-2009 at 06:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
minimike98
icon ombot snack (0)  
an ombot snack you cant kill it but you can blow it up just lick a serprent but you get 2 steps but that dosent work for the ather monsters in the room
04-15-2009 at 06:40 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Oh, okay, I get it now.
04-15-2009 at 06:41 AM
minimike98
icon the obren (0)  
a obren is a monster that has a beam lick the evel eye but if you stand in it you lose 5 10 20 30 and so on helth you loes helph from it by the brains in the room :huh but thers somethinc else if you have a metel sword and its pointing the enamy you wont luse helth

[Last edited by minimike98 at 04-15-2009 07:17 AM]
04-15-2009 at 07:14 AM
minimike98
icon bridger tool (0)  
a bridge tool that you can build 1 sq in a pit or water just lick a pickaxe but thay nock down walls
:wizard
04-15-2009 at 07:28 AM
minimike98
minimike98 wrote:
thinc of somethinc write it down sher you ideas with the worldtoolsmonstersgatesthink of any thinc :)
04-15-2009 at 09:15 AM
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
Main characters name is Tendry,the brave stalwart from Tueno. :) And I like'd idea about item that builds bridge to water/pit if you have it!
04-16-2009 at 12:11 PM
eb0ny
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 484
The Architest wrote:
Main characters name is Tendry,the brave stalwart from Tueno. :) And I like'd idea about item that builds bridge to water/pit if you have it!
This is scriptable, not worth adding a separate item.

04-16-2009 at 03:51 PM
Kwakstur
Rank Points: 385
In fact, I've scripted a sword that does this automatically whenever you have it over a water tile. It's an ice sword to be used in Iceworks. It's meant to be useful as well as annoying (in that it could block a route to platforms, for instance), but unfortunately it's currently game-breaking.

I'm still trying to come up with an easy way to prevent it from working on certain areas of water. Currently, you can hardcode such areas into the level using NPCs that disable the sword on certain spots, but I'd like to have a custom NPC you can just put on water to protect it.

04-16-2009 at 06:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
icon Re: objects (+1)  
Try the following...

Label Loop
  Set var "_MyScriptX" = _MyX
  Set var "_MyScriptY" = _MyY
  Wait for item Bridge,0,0,0,0
  Build Water,0,0,0,0
  Set var "_MyScriptX" = -9999
  Set var "_MyScriptY" = -9999
  Wait 0
  Go to Loop

Put that in a custom character, then you can put it anywhere and while the bridge will still be built, it'll disappear the next turn, so it can't be used.

04-16-2009 at 08:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
Kwakstur wrote:
In fact, I've scripted a sword that does this automatically whenever you have it over a water tile. It's an ice sword to be used in Iceworks. It's meant to be useful as well as annoying (in that it could block a route to platforms, for instance), but unfortunately it's currently game-breaking.

I'm still trying to come up with an easy way to prevent it from working on certain areas of water. Currently, you can hardcode such areas into the level using NPCs that disable the sword on certain spots, but I'd like to have a custom NPC you can just put on water to protect it.

You could also just use pits (unless you're planning to use waterskippers).
04-16-2009 at 08:04 PM
Kwakstur
icon Re: objects (+1)  
Sillyman wrote:
while the bridge will still be built, it'll disappear the next turn, so it can't be used.
And that's precisely the issue. It appears under the sword for a turn and then disappears (killing you if you try to step onto the tile). If you're protecting the water to prevent a serious sequence break, that's fine. But another reason to protect water - one that I do exemplify in my hold - would be to prevent the player from creating a bridge that would block off a route for a platform.

The problem is that using that script in my hold, the player must face away from the shore as he/she approaches it on a platform. Otherwise, a 1-turn bridge will be created adjacent to the shore that will kill the player when he/she takes another step forwards on to it. Unintuitive, no?
Dex Stewart wrote: You could also just use pits (unless you're planning to use waterskippers).
This is a viable solution in most cases, but doesn't work well in another platform scenario, one that makes a decision:

04-16-2009 at 10:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sillyman
Hmm... perhaps... of course. If you don't need any NPCs on water, place blank invisible (or ghost imaged with a suitable graphic for information purposes) NPCs on the "Protected Water" squares and have the sword check for Entity NPC before building.

04-16-2009 at 11:45 PM
Kwakstur
Are you sure it can detect invisible NPCs? I was pretty sure it didn't, but if it does, that doesn't sound too bad. I figure that in most cases an NPC does something on water, the architect wouldn't want the Ice Sickle there to complicate things, anyways.

Still, I'm reluctant to use it because my published scripts are supposed to be versatile enough for other architects to use in holds. I doubt anybody would like to use this particular element in their hold, but that is its intended purpose.

Edit: Nope, my tests show that Wait for entity NPC does not check for invisible or ghost NPCs. :(

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 04-17-2009 01:58 AM]
04-17-2009 at 01:53 AM
Sillyman
... well, drat. Try orthosquares then? Anything on another layer should work if you have the script check for it.

04-17-2009 at 03:16 AM
minimike98
icon a water sword (0)  
what about a water sword wear you can go in water whan you are using it +150 atack

04-17-2009 at 04:51 AM
minimike98
icon Re: a water sword (0)  
minimike98 wrote:
what about a water sword wear you cant go in water whan you are using it +150 atack

04-17-2009 at 04:52 AM
Kwakstur
Why do I get the feeling he's using a speech-to-text converter?

04-17-2009 at 05:29 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Um, you clicked quote reply, not edit. minimike98

[Last edited by NiroZ at 04-17-2009 05:32 AM]
04-17-2009 at 05:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Kwakstur wrote:
Why do I get the feeling he's using a speech-to-text converter?

No chance. Speech-to-text converters can spell, albeit the wrong words some of the time.
04-17-2009 at 05:46 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
I think that I can make something like this. What it does it check your coordinates, adds or subtracts one to one or both of the variables (_MyScriptX and _MyScriptY) and then checks to make sure the sword is actually on the screen. Then, it checks to see whether there is water there, and if so, builds ice. But I don't have DROD with me right now :(
04-19-2009 at 03:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Here's the thing: I don't plan on finishing the Ice Sickle. It's been 3-4 months since I last worked on it. Though there have been some good suggestions that got me thinking, I have long since moved on.
So I am just going to post the unfinished project on Architecture so you can all see it if you want to. Any further discussion on it should be moved there once I make the topic.
Edit: Here's the topic.

As far as I remember, the Ice Sickle itself works exactly as intended. The sword is fully functional. The only problem is the water-protecting characters. I just got hung up for too long on them and eventually gave up on the project as a whole.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 04-19-2009 06:27 PM]
04-19-2009 at 06:09 PM
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
icon Re: more objects (0)  
Banjooie wrote:
minimike98 wrote:

No, no, let him keep posting.

Figuring out what the hell he's talking about is a mental puzzle worth solving.

Lol, so funny I used my last two mod points on you.

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
07-01-2009 at 08:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : objects (more objects)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com