Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Concurrent HP Adjustment (A small request)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Concurrent HP Adjustment (0)  
If the player's HP is raised and lowered during a single move (say by two different characters), both of these stat changes show up at the same time, which makes them somewhat difficult to read.

Might it be possible to have only the total HP change displayed (rather than showing both the component increase and decrease)? It would also make HP changes consistent with ATK and DEF changes, which as far as I know behave like this.

Edit: Further inspection reveals that in addition to the above, if your health is raised more than once, the values are added together before showing the change, while if your health is lowered more than once, each individual decrease is shown (which seems almost like a bug of some sort).

[Last edited by agaricus5 at 03-27-2009 01:48 AM]
03-27-2009 at 01:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon Re: Concurrent HP Adjustment (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:
Edit: Further inspection reveals that in addition to the above, if your health is raised more than once, the values are added together before showing the change, while if your health is lowered more than once, each individual decrease is shown (which seems almost like a bug of some sort).
That's because you can suffer concurrent attacks from different things (such as multiple Evil Eyes facing you). In Tendry's Tale, I don't think there is any point at which you can get concurrent heals, which may be why scripts relax with them and only display the cumulative increase.

I really would like to keep damage taken from different things separate, but perhaps an option can be added to the Options menu to only display the cumulative HP change over each turn for those who would rather see it compounded?

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 03-27-2009 02:19 AM]
03-27-2009 at 02:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Concurrent HP Adjustment (A small request)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com