Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Kingdom of Loathing (An Adventurer is You!)
Page 5 of 13
6789>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
leroy00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 155
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Kingdom of Loathing (0)  
masonjason wrote:
b0rsuk wrote:
So unless the gain from haiku/limerick/temple is never increases, I don't see a point in Gym.
It doesn't increase. But the real attraction of the gym for babysitters is that it saves real-world time.

As far as I can tell, the gym bonuses are also affected by the moon phases. The effects can be found on this page, among others. Remember that the number of turns you can have is capped at 200, which sounds like a lot when you are first starting out. But with adequate food and drink, you can get well over 100 extra adventures per day. So if you are short of time and are planning to be gone for a few days, it is better to spend them in the gym than lose them.

--leroy

08-13-2004 at 12:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
leroy00 wrote:
As far as I can tell, the gym bonuses are also affected by the moon phases. The effects can be found on this page, among others. Remember that the number of turns you can have is capped at 200, which sounds like a lot when you are first starting out. But with adequate food and drink, you can get well over 100 extra adventures per day. So if you are short of time and are planning to be gone for a few days, it is better to spend them in the gym than lose them.

--leroy

I don't know if it has something to do with moons (they're almost "empty") - but I ocassionaly gain 8 or 9 stat points in Limerick Dungeon. No less than 5. And in places like Bat Hole, Degrassi Knoll, Cobb Knobb Kitchen - up to 3. (but more meat and items)
--------------

Something strange happened to me. I received a message saying that I got Sultan Lotion Of Moxiousness from my clan. Yet no sender name was there. Is it some kind of automated event ? I guess I should have sold it, because it gave me only 15 sarcasm. (selling price - 700 - is a lot for me now). I'm very new in a clan etc, so I doubt someone would bother....

EDIT:
Official statement
My main character is Phearmeh, no longer Windowlicker ! Only Phearmeh the Turtle Tamer is in Smitemaster's Guild

[Edited by b0rsuk on 08-13-2004 at 01:00 PM GMT]

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
08-13-2004 at 12:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
masonjason
Rank Points: 349
icon Re: The Kingdom of Loathing (+1)  
OK, leroy, b0rsuk, let me explain. First, the Suntan Lotion of Moxiousness will have been bought by a player using clan funds, but when an item is bought for the clan in such a way, one is sent to each clan member. You received the Suntan Lotion today because it's Moxie day. Which brings me to the moons: yes, stat gains in the gym are subject to the moons, but no more so than stat gains anywhere else. Today, every player in the Kingdom has 1.5x Moxie gains on adventures, food, drink, everything, since both Ronald and Grimace are in the same phase.

08-13-2004 at 02:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Is that really so ?

I heard that Ronald is Magicalness moon, and Grimace - the Strenghtliness moon.

There's no Moxie moon, so I guess that more "Moxie" the day is when both moons are smallest. Does it really matter that both moons have same phase ?

08-13-2004 at 03:48 PM
masonjason
Certainly it does. Visit this page:
http://www.shinraonline.com/palmer/kolmoon.html
You'll notice it's a Moxie day every time the two moons are in the same phase.

08-13-2004 at 06:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
b0rsuk wrote:
I heard that Ronald is Magicalness moon, and Grimace - the Strenghtliness moon.
Also, iirc, when Ronald is full, then you regain x2 HP each time you rest at your campsite. (Either that or the other moon -- I've personally experienced this on a consistent basis.)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
08-13-2004 at 08:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Yes, I remember something like "Grimace shines brightly at you".

08-13-2004 at 08:46 PM
b0rsuk
I came into possesion of 6+ car part sets. A quick check in the Mall showed that they are worth a lot by my level5 standards. Something like 20 k per half car, and this is the lowest price. I've never had 2k at a time, and now have a chance of earning tens of thousands.

The problem is that I can't really sell them - I doubt there can be many newbies in Flea Market willing/able to pay as much. And possible 100 meat penalty is nasty.
I can't "buy" my own store yet, and the "buy" word kinda scares me.

1) How much does setting own store cost ?

2) How to make someone sell them for me and not run away with meat ? I don't quite like idea of spamming clan board.

08-15-2004 at 01:23 PM
masonjason
Stores cost 50k meat to buy, but pay for themselves pretty quickly. However, I'm sure there are several trustworthy members of the clan, including myself, who would be willing to sell the parts and return all the proceeds to you.

08-15-2004 at 01:43 PM
b0rsuk
Thanks, and
What exactly is the tenderizing hammer for ?
...and is there NO seal clubber in our guild ? I can't believe !

[Edited by b0rsuk on 08-15-2004 at 07:23 PM GMT]

08-15-2004 at 08:03 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
Isn't Trick a seal clubber? I remember him making a joke about that at the beginning of the thread...

08-15-2004 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
b0rsuk wrote:
...and is there NO seal clubber in our guild ? I can't believe !

"Falbala" is a seal clubber, if I'm not wrong. Unless, of course, he/she has ascended and changed character type.

08-15-2004 at 10:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
masonjason
Trick is a seal clubber, but he hasn't logged in for three months. Falbala is a sauceror.

08-16-2004 at 09:40 AM
bdwing
Rank Points: 288
I bet Erik has the new DROD available before Jick puts KOL into reset.

[Edited by bdwing at Local Time:11-09-2004 at 02:06 PM]

"Until it ends, there is no end."
08-16-2004 at 10:19 AM
b0rsuk
Oh, *truly* a Smitemaster's Guild. No wonder it's so empty in the Smacketeria.

08-16-2004 at 12:10 PM
SKWERLL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 77
I bet Erik will have the new DROD available before the sorceress quest is done.

The best hold in the world!
08-16-2004 at 09:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
b0rsuk
SKWERLL wrote:
I bet Erik will have the new DROD available before the sorceress quest is done.

I think so, because it's going to take me a lot of time.

08-17-2004 at 02:51 PM
SKWERLL
ClaytonW wrote:
...My username is Kaonis, and I'm member #27275...
Hey cool! My friend Morbix's ID is #47475, so the 4's would just replace the 2's! :D

08-18-2004 at 04:09 AM
b0rsuk
It may be just my ultra-tough Turtle Tamer, but I think Acid-squirting flowers simply rock ! At least at level 5-6. My TT can already take good amount of damage, and additional flower damage helps a lot. 20 pound Mosquito is just icing of the cake. I save a lot on healing.

Do I lose the adventures when I drink too much ? Or they just transfer to next day ? I enjoyed Imp Ale very much, and w/g/p/imps are quite puny with Asbestos Helmet Turtle. Resistances in general seem to help a lot in this game.

And sadly, 1000 meat worth Enchanted Brass Knuckles hardly make any difference. If the flower damage never increases then the knuckles may be useful some day... but I still think they're overpriced. And lycantrophy potion isn't particulary great, with all this moon dependance...

One more question. Empathy Of Newt is really costly - but what happens when the duration ends ? The familiar
a) stops growing
b) starts losing weight ?
If b is true then it's going to eat a LOT of muscularity points !

[Edited by b0rsuk on 08-19-2004 at 09:06 PM GMT]

08-19-2004 at 10:00 PM
masonjason
b0rsuk wrote:
It may be just my ultra-tough Turtle Tamer, but I think Acid-squirting flowers simply rock ! At least at level 5-6. My TT can already take good amount of damage, and additional flower damage helps a lot. 20 pound Mosquito is just icing of the cake. I save a lot on healing.

Do I lose the adventures when I drink too much ? Or they just transfer to next day ?
All adventures you have at the end of one day will transfer to the next.
I enjoyed Imp Ale very much, and w/g/p/imps are quite puny with Asbestos Helmet Turtle. Resistances in general seem to help a lot in this game.

And sadly, 1000 meat worth Enchanted Brass Knuckles hardly make any difference. If the flower damage never increases then the knuckles may be useful some day... but I still think they're overpriced. And lycantrophy potion isn't particulary great, with all this moon dependance...

One more question. Empathy Of Newt is really costly - but what happens when the duration ends ? The familiar
a) stops growing
b) starts losing weight ?
If b is true then it's going to eat a LOT of muscularity points !

[Edited by b0rsuk on 08-19-2004 at 09:06 PM GMT]
Your familiar can never level down. The actual effect of Empathy is that your familiar is 5 pounds heavier for as long as the buff lasts (for you as a turtle tamer, it's 10). It also carries on growing at the normal rate, regardless of whether you have Empathy.

08-20-2004 at 12:37 AM
b0rsuk
What's your best deal ?
I just bought a Chrome Staff for 21k. Only 2 more Muscle and I'll be able to use it...

08-20-2004 at 02:43 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Two questions?

1. Is there any place where I can find requirements of different equipment? I need to know what's optimal equipment for my character.

2. How do I get defences for my campsite.
08-22-2004 at 07:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Doom wrote:
Two questions?

1. Is there any place where I can find requirements of different equipment? I need to know what's optimal equipment for my character.

2. How do I get defences for my campsite.

1. You can always (with exception of Bounty Hunter Hunter's Shack, and this is the exception proving the rule is true)
examine an object by clicking on the picture. Requirements are there.

2. Adventure around. Some defences are found ready to use, others have to be built using the stuff you find. I suggest you to keep at least 1 of each item you find. They may prove useful later.
Examine wares in Flea Market or Mall - sometimes it's described how they're made, and sometimes you can get other insights.
-----------------------------------------
Am I the only one to love Jumbo Lucifer+Drastic Healing combo ? It's full replenishment for about 120 meat, and only downside I can think of is you can't use it in battle.
Even better - you can drink Jumbo when you're very low on health, or even beaten up with 0 hp. I'd say Jumbo gives lots of bang for buck, and fortunatelly lots of people aren't bright enough to realize this. They sell it below autosell price ! (for 25, autosell 33)
Extra adventure and no drunkiness are nice, too.

[Edited by b0rsuk on 08-22-2004 at 09:26 AM GMT]

08-22-2004 at 09:35 AM
SKWERLL
HELL YEAH! LONG LIVE THE PICKLE FACTORY!!!

Click here to view the secret text

09-04-2004 at 05:11 AM
Stuwy
Rank Points: 212
OMG!!!!11111 TEH PROFACY IS TRU!!111 OMG LOL!11

Be sure to be buffed with phat loot and/or take a fairy gravy with you before going in guys.
09-04-2004 at 06:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SKWERLL
Damn, now like long DIE the pickle factory. Or long livedie the pickle factory.

WARNING: AHEAD, THERE IS A SOMEWHAT SPOILERY EFFECT LIST. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
[brag]
OK, Now, I'm a PvP avatar. Sort of.
My base stats:
Musc: 206
Myst: 325
Mox: 230

[/brag]

09-05-2004 at 07:00 PM
Stuwy
Rank Points: 212
Where's your arse'a'fire effect?

09-06-2004 at 05:56 AM
SKWERLL
Stuwy wrote:
Where's your arse'a'fire effect?

*looks at arse*
Damn!

09-08-2004 at 04:52 AM
Vashx
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
icon Weapon stats (0)  
Does anyone know a good site with listings of weapon stats? It's hard to figure out which weapon I want to use without knowing of it ahead of time and searching for it in the mall. :?

In Kingdom of Loathing I mean

[Edited by Vashx on 09-11-2004 at 02:44 PM GMT]
09-11-2004 at 03:22 PM
masonjason
Spoiler site:

[Edited by mrimer on 09-11-2004 at 04:04 PM GMT]

09-11-2004 at 04:46 PM
Page 5 of 13
6789>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : The Kingdom of Loathing (An Adventurer is You!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com