Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Droddopoly (years old idea)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
IP: Logged
icon Droddopoly (years old idea) (+1)  
Hello guys! I was playing the classic "Monopoly" game, when I suddenly thought that we could play togheter a DROD version of it! :D

The game is not difficult: the rules are as the original one, but the locations we visit and eventually buy aren't the most known cities or roads but instead the zones where Beethro adventures: from Dugan's Dungeon to The City Beneath!

Also, instead of the jail, or of the tiles where we are forced to pay a tax, we will encounter during the path the game's basic elements: like tokens, arrows, trapdoors, etc... Each one of them with a different function.

GENERAL INFORMATIONS:

•Each player can choose one character, there will be Beethro, Halph, and two Slayers.

•There will be greckels instead money, and Each player starts with 10,000,000 Greckels and a sword;

•You can play as Beethro,Halph or a Slayer;

•Each character has different Abilities, that make the game a bit different for each one;

•This game isn't based only on fortune and economy: you need also to complete PUZZLES made by me to jump a tile or conquer a location;

Need help for movements here. Any suggestion is appreciate.

•For buy a thing, you need to get in the tile, then post here that you want to, and pay the amount of greckels. Ah, and also, complete the puzzle. (The Map of the game will be posted soon).

•Naturally, you can't build any house if you buy something, but you can pay some guards that take 5% of the player's greackles when it walks on your tiles.

•The winner is the last of the players with more then 1 Greackle, when the others lose all of they.

YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK ANY QUESTION ABOUT THE GAME HERE.

PRIZES

If you win a game, you'ill get 5 rank Points. If you win 3 time the game, you'll get a secret prize.

The map, information of the characters and of the locations will be posted here when the games start.

Who wants to join?

-Neather2

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 07-01-2011 10:05 AM]
02-24-2009 at 08:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
icon Re: Monopoly...DROD VERSION! (0)  
Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! :D

02-25-2009 at 12:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Neather2
You're in! You'll play as?

02-25-2009 at 05:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
I am... unassailable. ;)

02-25-2009 at 03:35 PM
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
icon Re: Monopoly...DROD VERSION! (+1)  
I might not play, since I'm not a big fan of board games, but here are some suggestions:

Element Cards
-Greckle Gate: Pay 50 greckles.
-Green Door: Complete a room to pass.
-Trapdoor: Does nothing when first picked, but the next time it's picked, you have to pay 60 greckles for a technician to fill the gap.
-Orb: You gain an orb. You can use it to clear a green door if you don't feel like solving a puzzle.

Monster Cards
-Aumtlich: An aumtlich is set loose on the tile you're on. When someone steps on it, they stay there for a turn, then the card's effect wears off.
-Roach Queen: Lays roach eggs on the map. When you step on a tile with an egg on it, you stop for 1 turn to clear it off. The area the eggs land on are completely random, and they can be stabbed by guards.
-Tarstuff: Unleash it on a bought dungeon. Whenever the owner stops by the tile, they'll have to clean up the dungeon from the tar, mud and gel to re-acquire it. If they can't manage to do that, they will no longer own the dungeon.
-Fegundo: Blow up an affected tile of your choice (works on tar-filled dungeons too)
Roach: Assaults the person who stops on the tile. They drop 40 greckles when attacked.
-Guard: Put a guard on a tile. If a monster pops up on the tile, it will be cleared off, and people are charged 10 greckles when they step on the tile.

Location Suggestions:
-Beethro's Roasted Roach Grill
The grill has been rebuilt! Acquire it by ridding it of the pests! Costs 10,000 greckles, and gives a revenue of 100 greckles per turn.
-King Dugan's New Dungeon: It's rather old, and it gets infested often. If you acquire it, make sure you can stop by often to keep it clean! Costs 17,000 greckles, revenue of 300 greckles for each cleaning up. If it gets too crowded, you will lose ownership.
-Empire Secret Base: An aboveground factory where many technicians come up with various engineered monsters. They want to keep their location secret, though. If people stop on the tile 3 times, you'll lose ownership of it. Using a guard card on it will raise the amount of times people can stop on it by 7, but beware anyhow. Costs 8,000 greckles, you receive 400 greckles for each turn no one steps on the tile.

What do you think? Of course, I haven't played Monopoly in ages, but I'm trying.

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

[Last edited by Jeff_Ray... at 02-25-2009 04:59 PM]
02-25-2009 at 04:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neather2
Thanks man. I'll consider that. :)

[Last edited by Neather2 at 02-25-2009 05:11 PM]
02-25-2009 at 05:11 PM
zxcvboy
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 3
When are you going to make it?

04-26-2011 at 08:47 AM
Neather2
Well, it was 2 years ago and I forgot it. Anyhow, if someone wants to join, I'll be glad to start it.

[Last edited by Neather2 at 06-28-2011 06:11 AM]
06-28-2011 at 06:10 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Droddopoly (years old idea)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com