Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : About scripts
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Neather2
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 406
IP: Logged
icon About scripts (0)  
There is any script that make open a door only when a roach queen die?

Conspiracy, my new hold, has just been released.
02-15-2009 at 07:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: About scripts (+1)  
Click here to view the secret text

02-15-2009 at 10:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
icon Re: About scripts (+1)  
Getting something to activate only if a queen dies is impossible.

The closest you can come is have a massive script that predicts the queen's movement (and that would activate the door if the queen is not there), but it still can't account for other enemies, which in reality act as walls.

There are plenty of other things you can try depending on the reason that you only want to test if a queen dies:

If you want the player to kill the queen quickly, try having arrows on the edge of the playing field that the queen can cross but can't return.

If you want the queen to be left alive, have a pressure plate and a hot tile where you want her to go (and box it off with inward arrows so that Beethro will be trapped if he tries to go on the pressure plate).

If the queen doesn't need to make roaches for your puzzle to work, make a Roach Queen NPC that is scripted to move away from Beethro (this is tough to script, but possible) and make another NPC open the door after a Wait for event NPC Stabbed.
Cover her paths with Open Yellow Doors to give a reason why she isn't making roaches.

But if you just want a normal, roach-producing queen to open a door when killed, no matter where you kill it... sorry, no can do.

[Last edited by Kwakstur at 02-16-2009 03:26 AM]
02-16-2009 at 03:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : About scripts
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com