Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : _EnemyBhv, _WeaponBhv, etc. (Vars that reference behaviors)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
IP: Logged
icon _EnemyBhv, _WeaponBhv, etc. (0)  
I'm suggesting that, like how we can reference equipment variables with stuff like _WeaponATK, _ArmorDEF, and _AccessoryGR, we should also be able to reference their behaviors:
_WeaponBHV
_ArmorBHV
_AccessoryBHV
Like the other equipment vars, these represent the behaviors of the current equipment, and can only be queried, not changed, for predefined equipment. These variables are for if you want to do something like make predefined Metal weapons be affected by a scripted element of yours.

You should also be able to access the enemy's behavior during combat with _EnemyBHV. This can for example let Wyrms be immune to a custom weapon of yours.

So, most of what you could do with these new variables is let the various behaviors take on new meanings... and let these new meanings apply to built-in enemies/equips with the behavior.

I would imagine it would be formatted the same way as it is internally by the game. This is assuming that all the behaviors for an enemy/equip appear in a contiguous string in RAM (because I would assume that the differentiation between Imperatives and Behaviors have something to do with how they are stored).

12-26-2008 at 08:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : _EnemyBhv, _WeaponBhv, etc. (Vars that reference behaviors)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com