Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Lots of beepiness (when blowing up breakable wall that was built (via "Build") on pit)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Monkey
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
IP: Logged

File: WTFLOL.drh (896 bytes)
Downloaded 37 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Lots of beepiness (+2)  
Okay, this is weird. Not only does DROD do the beeps, the secret walls don't leave back floor, and if you undo one turn after the walls were built, and then watch the walls go boom, there's a pit artifact (see right below it). Plus, DROD goes "bbbbbbeep!" every time you undo after the explosion. :huh
Not that anyone would want to do the thing in this example... :rolleyes

[Last edited by Monkey at 11-23-2008 09:10 PM]
11-23-2008 at 09:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eb0ny
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 484
icon Re: Lots of beepiness (+1)  
drodrpg.err seems to be full of
Assertion error in line 4567 of /src/caravel/trunk/DROD30_RPG/DRODLib/DbRooms.cpp: "bIsPlainFloor(this->coveredOSquares.GetAt(wX, wY))"

11-24-2008 at 12:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385

File: R U Kiddin Me Another Bug.drh (1.4 KB)
Downloaded 32 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Lots of beepiness (+2)  
Good thing I checked for existing topics before posting... also, good thing I only spent 3 minutes on my example hold.

I can confirm this exists on build 54, and that it works if anything breaks the wall (such as a sword).

Meh, maybe I will post the hold anyways, because I just found another glitchy graphical situation involved with Build and added it in - some of the cliff image is retained when you replace a Floor surrounded by pits with a Bridge/Platform/Whatever.
Pardon the hold's name.

Also, my DROD.err is a little different. I have about a hundred of this:
Assertion error in line 7676 of .\DbRooms.cpp: "bIsPlainFloor(this->coveredOSquares.GetAt(wX, wY))"
And only one of this, sitting somewhere just randomly in the middle:
Assertion error in line 4567 of .\DbRooms.cpp: "bIsPlainFloor(this->coveredOSquares.GetAt(wX, wY))"

12-08-2008 at 05:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
Kwakstur wrote:
Meh, maybe I will post the hold anyways, because I just found another glitchy graphical situation involved with Build and added it in - some of the cliff image is retained when you replace a Floor surrounded by pits with a Bridge/Platform
That's because only stuff in the bomb's radius seems to be repainted - minimize the game window and restore it and it'll also be fixed.

By the way, there's also a bug with shadows on platforms - a shadow cast on a platform will also only disappear one turn later, i.e. when you move a platform on water away from a wall that cast a shadow on it the darker shadow will stay until one turn later.

np: Surf City - Mt. Kill (Surf City)

12-08-2008 at 11:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Samuel
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
icon Re: Lots of beepiness (0)  
The same thing happened to me when i copied doom's type of DROD thing. After i copied it over i just kept getting beepiness and a message repeated a hundred time.
Nothing more to add.

even if it's in your mind. Who's to
say that dreams and nightmares
aren't as real as the here and now?
John Lennon
12-08-2008 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Monkey wrote:
Okay, this is weird. Not only does DROD do the beeps, the secret walls don't leave back floor, and if you undo one turn after the walls were built, and then watch the walls go boom, there's a pit artifact (see right below it). Plus, DROD goes "bbbbbbeep!" every time you undo after the explosion. :huh
Not that anyone would want to do the thing in this example... :rolleyes
I've fixed this in build 55 so when crumbly walls are built over pits, that breaking the crumbly walls will revert the tiles to floor, not beeps.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-20-2009 at 01:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Kwakstur wrote:
Meh, maybe I will post the hold anyways, because I just found another glitchy graphical situation involved with Build and added it in - some of the cliff image is retained when you replace a Floor surrounded by pits with a Bridge/Platform/Whatever.
I've fixed this in build 55 so that when floor-type tiles above pit sides are removed by floating-type tiles, the pit side will be correctly redrawn.

01-20-2009 at 02:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
mrimer wrote:
I've fixed this in build 55 so that when floor-type tiles above pit sides are removed by floating-type tiles, the pit side will be correctly redrawn.
It doesn't quite read that way, but does that include the lingering shadows problem that I mentioned above as well?

01-20-2009 at 09:19 AM
mrimer
Briareos wrote:
mrimer wrote:
It doesn't quite read that way, but does that include the lingering shadows problem that I mentioned above as well?
No, I didn't look into that issue yet.

01-20-2009 at 05:24 PM
mrimer
Briareos wrote:
By the way, there's also a bug with shadows on platforms - a shadow cast on a platform will also only disappear one turn later, i.e. when you move a platform on water away from a wall that cast a shadow on it the darker shadow will stay until one turn later.
This issue has been resolved, but there was still a lingering cast shadow rendering issue for moving pit platforms. This has been fixed in rev 137.

01-20-2016 at 05:08 AM
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
Can confirm there are no issues with wall shadows on platforms, both above pits and water, in build 1.2.3.148 :thumbsup
01-24-2016 at 05:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Lots of beepiness (when blowing up breakable wall that was built (via "Build") on pit)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com