Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : The Puppy, the Penguin, and the Apple (Our news for November)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Rabscuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2460
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Puppy, the Penguin, and the Apple (+1)  
mrimer wrote:
Banjooie wrote:
Reading about things I don't use angers and confuses me. I remember this time this dude was talking about driving a car, so I punched him in the face.
Ha! That reminds me of when Clayton was running the news updates on the original DROD fan site and he would write about things like how he jumped out of a moving car on a dare and busted himself up. It wasn't game related, but I'm sure experiences like that are something we can all relate to. Good times.

...What? :P

Wait, he got busted up because Banj punched him in the face?!
11-20-2008 at 02:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bflatjeff
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
icon Re: The Puppy, the Penguin, and the Apple (0)  
Rabscuttle wrote:
mrimer wrote:
Banjooie wrote:
Reading about things I don't use angers and confuses me. I remember this time this dude was talking about driving a car, so I punched him in the face.
Ha! That reminds me of when Clayton was running the news updates on the original DROD fan site and he would write about things like how he jumped out of a moving car on a dare and busted himself up. It wasn't game related, but I'm sure experiences like that are something we can all relate to. Good times.

...What? :P

Wait, he got busted up because Banj punched him in the face?!
I'm pretty sure you've got this confused with the "Bluff Me Again" contest. Which is done now. Unless someone's started "Bluff Me Again, Again?"*

BbJ

* Perhaps "Bluff Me 3: The Criminal Projective?"

11-20-2008 at 04:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 200
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Hey, mrimer! I sent you my November Don't Ask Awards Nominations a while back! Didst thou receive them? ;)
Yes?
No?
Maybe?
*gasp* Partially?

11-22-2008 at 12:02 AM
Znirk
Rank Points: 613
icon Re: The Puppy, the Penguin, and the Apple (+2)  
Shhhh, don't ask!
11-22-2008 at 12:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
The Fifth Annual People's Choice Awards

Ahhh, it seems like only yesterday I decided to try an award show for holds out. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that it would take off the way it has! Well, the awards are back upon us now, and last I checked, it was still possible to get your nominations in before the deadline. As well, there are a couple of interesting new categories, so be sure to contact CuriousShyRabbit! Go ahead and vote for your favorite hold!

-Patrick
We're done with nominations now, and the official voting has begun. This year's ballot features a diverse selection of excellent holds. Please come check it out and vote here:

http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=27661
11-24-2008 at 06:46 AM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Okay, I'll hi-jack this thread for a minute to let everyone know that next month's Illumination will not contain any references to Steam, TF2, or Audiosurf. :P

But to be serious for a minute, those three things aside, what does everyone want to see or not want to see in future Illuminations? Reviews of unusual independent games? More talk about development of games? I'd be interested to hear some ideas.

11-26-2008 at 01:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
anything you deem interesting as has some casual link with drod in some way is good enough for me.
11-26-2008 at 01:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: The Puppy, the Penguin, and the Apple (+10)  
zwetschenwasser wrote:
zwetschenwasser wrote:
Hey, mrimer! I sent you my November Don't Ask Awards Nominations a while back! Didst thou receive them? ;)
Yes?
No?
Maybe?
*gasp* Partially?
You've been asking so much about these. I feel like I'm being spammed when I see your question repeated in your sig on every post. In the spirit of the Don't Ask Award, I must unfortunately conclude that I'm going to have to let your suggestions pass for now, however appropriate they may be.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-27-2008 05:24 PM]
11-27-2008 at 05:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
So I'm not supposed to send you nominations? I thought that was my job... :|

11-27-2008 at 06:21 PM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
zwetschenwasser wrote:
So I'm not supposed to send you nominations? I thought that was my job... :|

I actually thought that admins choose ones whom they want to award "Don't ask for award" thing by themselves... was I wrong? :unsure
11-27-2008 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Yes, Caravel selects active forumites for this award. I'm fine with forumites sending Caravel admins their own nominations for Don't Ask Awards, but (I might need to make this part clear) we're under no obligation to select from this nomination pool, and I myself would rather you don't spam us with reminders until we provide awards to people you've nominated.

Also, please don't bandy about a list of people you're nominating. I don't want this to become some kind of political game.

[Last edited by mrimer at 11-27-2008 06:48 PM]
11-27-2008 at 06:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Rank Points: 3117
I believe zwetschenwasser is referring to his job description in the Department of Benelovent Influence, as described by Erik.

So whilst this probably wasn't the right way to go about following up on it, he *was* merely performing that task.
11-27-2008 at 07:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zwetschenwasser
I'm so sorry, mrimer, that I was making the award a "political game". I'll stop acting crazy now. *makes mental note to self*
I truly sincerely apologize for spamming, I guess I got carried away A LOT. I put the list in my signature because I thought I was just doing my job. I deleted it now, and I see your point.:( So I should do my job description minus the nominations part? Or is there something else I should do?

11-27-2008 at 08:02 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
TFMurphy wrote:
So whilst this probably wasn't the right way to go about following up on it, he *was* merely performing that task.
Yeah, but he probably should have written "Three Stooges Next Generation" on it when he shipped it to Mr. Imer - at least it seems to work for film studios...

np: B. Fleischmann - Until The Real Thing Comes Along (Welcome Tourist (Disc 1))

11-27-2008 at 08:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
zwetschenwasser wrote:So I should do my job description minus the nominations part? Or is there something else I should do?
No, you carry on as usual, only with the knowledge that your word is not law, merely advice.
11-28-2008 at 12:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Oi...My above posts weren't meant as a public smack-down, and I apologize for being curt. Mr. Z and I will move our discussion to a private place, which is how I should have responded to him in the first place. Z is doing a great job on the forum in many ways, and I appreciate his contributions. So I will say publicly, "Keep up the good work!" :thumbsup

11-28-2008 at 10:04 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
This thread needs to be hijacked again. :P

The Fifth Annual People's Choice Awards
:hooray We're almost ready to announce the BIG WINNERS of this year's awards. But, before that, we need to resolve ties in the categories of Creative Design Excellence in Difficulty and Creative Design Excellence in Entertainment. Please come vote in the tiebreaker poll here.
12-15-2008 at 09:01 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : The Puppy, the Penguin, and the Apple (Our news for November)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com