Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : A couple more Tendry's Tale bugs
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
TFMurphy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3118
IP: Logged
icon A couple more Tendry's Tale bugs (+1)  
I finally went through the second part of Tendry's Tale (I ended up making my own Journal, which made it slow and a little tiring and I'll be very very happy if this is ever automated), and noticed a few things that seemed off.

First, similar to the 3% ATK/DEF bug that was fixed, the Old Man found elsewhere that gives you health based on your ATK/DEF also does not care about equipment.
Click here to view the secret text

Also, if you use the tunnel in Pirate Lair: Entrance, you will have a conversation with the Pirate Captain out of order (who really shouldn't even *be* there yet).

I'm sorry that it took until now to find these -- kinda missed the update chance. But I felt it was at least worth documenting these just in case we do find an opporunity where it's worth making the update.
11-11-2008 at 12:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: A couple more Tendry's Tale bugs (0)  
Ugh. Thank you for reporting these. Eh...it's probably good to fix these up sooner rather than later, because the new TT hold hasn't been uploaded to CaravelNet yet and these fixes won't adversely affect playthrough solutions.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-11-2008 at 11:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: A couple more Tendry's Tale bugs (+1)  
TFMurphy wrote:
First, similar to the 3% ATK/DEF bug that was fixed, the Old Man found elsewhere that gives you health based on your ATK/DEF also does not care about equipment.
Click here to view the secret text

Maybe this should be fixed by somehow clarifying that this is how he works, rather than by changing the behavior? I'm thinking that given the fact that people seem to have no trouble beating the game, the extra HP isn't really necessary, no?

11-12-2008 at 08:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Nonono, it's the other way round. Changing it would give you more hp.

Currently you get hp only for base stats - if we consider what the stat screen says with equipment, you'll get up to 220ATK*10 + 220DEF*5 = 3300 extra HP that should make such a challenge much easier.
11-12-2008 at 01:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
Nuntar wrote:
Didn't want to make a new topic as it's so trivial....

The cutscene in Homeland, can't remember the room coordinates, same room as the 3% guy, when you speak to the man who gives you greckles, this cutscene is badly synchronised. The cutscene continues about five seconds after the speech ends, so you have a period of wondering whether the game is responding or not.
Thanks for reporting this. I've fixed it, and TFMurphy's reported problems above. In the near future, I'll release another new version (probably called 1.2) that has these fixes for people that want to take advantage of the health boost. We'll post this new version on CaravelNet presently, but keep the internal hold ID values the same as for the 1.1 TT hold so that saved games already played in 1.1 and being played in 1.1 will (still) work and scores you submit for 1.1 won't be dropped from CaravelNet. As long as you haven't already interacted with the NPCs in question yet, you'll see the new behavior after installing the new version. I'll make a general announcement when this new version is out. I'd like to include bug fixes in it, so this will probably get done by the end of the year.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-27-2008 at 04:30 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : A couple more Tendry's Tale bugs
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com