Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Crash when editing characters
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
underscorpion
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon Crash when editing characters (+1)  
Hi.
I have (probably) a bug.
Today, when I was making a player character, I deleted test character and the game immediately crashed and appeared an error with "Don't Send"! The game crashed also yesterday, when I was editing characters too! Do you have this problem? Maybe I have to re-install windows >.<

PS If you want to check this, remember, that this error isn't appearing every time!

-=Sorry for my English :P=-
09-15-2008 at 04:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
icon Re: Crash when editing characters (+1)  
Yeah... I guess that happened to me too. Twice, in fact. I think that each time, it was a character with a Set Music command. As soon as I left the room and quickly clicked the character, the game crashed...

Currently playing:
Click here to view the secret text

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

09-15-2008 at 04:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
underscorpion
icon Re: Crash when editing characters (0)  
Oh, and I have a little question. In TCB transparency color was 192 192 192. But in RPG it isn't working. I was trying with other colors, also with transparency made with programs, but it's not working too :/ Any ideas? :)

[Last edited by underscorpion at 09-15-2008 06:09 PM]
09-15-2008 at 06:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Crash when editing characters (+2)  
I heard over chat that it was 255, 0, 255, but I could be wrong. Worth a try anyway.
09-15-2008 at 06:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
underscorpion
Wow! It works! Thank you so much! :)

09-15-2008 at 06:20 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
underscorpion wrote:
Hi.
I have (probably) a bug.
Today, when I was making a player character, I deleted test character and the game immediately crashed and appeared an error with "Don't Send"! The game crashed also yesterday, when I was editing characters too!
PS If you want to check this, remember, that this error isn't appearing every time!
Thanks for reporting this. Even if the error isn't occurring every time, would you please provide some specific instructions for what you do to make this happen some of the time?

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
09-15-2008 at 07:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
underscorpion
Sorry, but I'm not sure when it crashes.
This happened twice, when I deleted custom character, but now I'm making and deleting characters and it didn't crashed yet -_-
I will post when find something useful :)

09-15-2008 at 08:05 PM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Crash when editing characters (+2)  
"Create Custom character.
Now, open the "Default Script" for it. Press Escape twice, and DROD will crash. The same will happen if you try doing it in Default Script->Add Action.

Furthermore, while "Edit Default Script" is shown, press Escape once and then press Done. It will kick you to the level edit. Now next time you enter some character edit screen, it will show you Default Script edition again.

My version is 1.0.1.47."

A copy of a topic I just created (and deleted after seeing this one), which hopefully explains part of the problem.

EDIT: Also, while in Default Script edition you press Escape, click Done, return to LEVEL (not Room) editor, reenter Room editor and try to open character, it crashes.
EDIT 2: If you leave the Room Editor it will crash, no matter what you do anymore, as soon as you try to open Character.

[Last edited by skell at 09-21-2008 07:17 PM]
09-21-2008 at 05:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RuAdam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 157
I can also add a bit of info to this bug. First the double ESC method causes a crash for me as well. And I also found out how can the game crash with custom character deletion.
First create two custom characters. Edit the default script of one of them. You don't actually nee to edit the script, just opening the edit interface is enough. After editing, delet the other character first, and then delete the character with the edited default script. This always caused a crash for me. It won't happen if you only delete one character with edited default script, and it won't happen if you exit the current room after the editing. It also won't happen if you delete the edited character first and the non edited second. Hope this'll help.
09-21-2008 at 08:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Rank Points: 3734
I can confirm it happens to me too.
I wonder how come such odd errors can exist. Sometimes I thing the most entertaining thing with programming is not just coding, but trying to understand, how come some completely impossible bugs happen (Though it heavily depends on the Developer's mood ^^)

09-21-2008 at 09:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
skell wrote:
"Create Custom character.
Now, open the "Default Script" for it. Press Escape twice, and DROD will crash.
I've fixed this in the next patch so that ESC works as expected.

For interested parties, the issue was that pressing ESC was closing the parent dialog, and not the default script dialog box. This caused unexpected behavior, leading to an attempt to dereference a null object pointer.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-13-2008 at 04:13 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Bugs : Crash when editing characters
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com