Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Map working like restore
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
IP: Logged
icon Map working like restore (+1)  
Edit! I just noticed the save game option.

It can be real pain to browse through rooms (The minimap is generally a bit too small, and you can't, as far as I know, look at anything in the previous levels). A map working kind of like resotre does in DROD, but where you can see the current status of every room you've been in would be nice.

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 09-13-2008 02:05 PM]
09-13-2008 at 01:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Map working like restore (0)  
Now that I've played through a couple of Architecture holds, and should give feedback I really miss the restore screen of normal DROD. It was an easy way to look at the layout room for room, which feels even more importantly in DROD RPG. When feedback should be given that kind of overview is valuble. I sugest some kind of "Rooms I have visited at some point ever" map overview, level for level, that works kind of like the restore of normal DROD, but without the restore function. This could alternativly be an extra function for the restore screen itself. Maybe an "examine hold mode". Or perhaps some kind of ingame function...
09-24-2008 at 10:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Map working like restore (0)  
This functionality has now been around for a while, and a new map element that reveals rooms completely is slated for 1.3.

Marking fixed.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-25-2020 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Map working like restore (+1)  
Can confirm this works great. It full reveals all non-hidden rooms on the map when collected.
06-10-2023 at 09:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Map working like restore
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com