Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Mace Balls and Wielders (deadly mirrors and associated guard?)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
IP: Logged
icon Re: Mace Balls and Wielders (0)  
Nuntar wrote:
Case 2:
..M.     ..M.
..m| --> .m|.
...B  W  ..B.
....     ....

In this situation the wielder is now facing southwest, so he will swing anticlockwise, putting his mace on the same square as Beethro's sword, and making it impossible to kill him next turn.

No, in this case the wielder would kill Beethro by moving SE :).
11-09-2008 at 12:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mechadragon
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
'prefers' not 'will only'
11-09-2008 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
TFMurphy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3118
Nuntar wrote:
I thought from the description that "the wielder prefers to kill by swinging" (rather than stepping).

Yes, he does. But the context here is with regards to making a kill - they prefer to kill than not kill. So the preference of swinging vs stepping only matters when *both* methods would achieve the kill on next turn.

A Stalwart prefers to swing to kill -- this means that when given a choice between swinging to kill on next turn and stepping to kill on next turn, they'll pick the swinging option. A Guard is the opposite: they'll pick the stepping option first.
11-09-2008 at 01:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I heartily approve this product, service, and/or yellow arrow.
11-09-2008 at 03:16 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Zch
Rank Points: 503
SomeoneElse suggested that explosions would destroy mace balls.

I have another totally different idea about bombs and mace balls. I think it would be cool and full of puzzle potential if explosion would "shoot" mace balls away from the bomb.

Ball that is caught on explosion would fly in straight line killing monsters, cutting serpents and destroying briar and broken/secret walls and tarstuffs on it's path until it hits something solid enough to stop it. This flying would happen entirely in the one turn that the bomb exploded. (So the ball could travel up to 37 squares in one turn.)

The things that could stop the ball would be:

Walls/obstacles/doors etc: obviously

Orb/cracked orb: ball would activate the orb. Cracled orb would turn into broken orb. Broken orb would be destroyed without stopping the ball. Perhaps the normal orb would turn into cracled orb...

Another ball: The moving ball would stop and the stopped ball would fly forward (like billiard balls).

Bomb: ball stops and ignites bomb, so that the bomb explodes on next turn (shooting the ball back).

Force arrows: ball won't move against force arrow.

Border of the room would also stop the ball.

05-04-2009 at 08:38 PM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1300
Ooh, that is definitely a good idea. Then if it hit a wall by a pit it would fall and be destroyed, but there aren't really any other ways. I like your idea better than mine.
05-05-2009 at 12:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Mace Balls and Wielders (deadly mirrors and associated guard?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com