Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Stalwart's March : Devil's Castle (Some dump puzzles for everyone!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.2/10 (17 votes)
σ 2.43
Author Name:The Architest
Submitted By:The Architest
Hold Name:Stalwart's March : Devil's Castle
Theme:Some dump puzzles for everyone!
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:6
Number of Rooms:21
Number of Monsters:199
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.2)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Stalwarts March Devils Castle.hold (8.9 KB)
Downloaded 1022 times.
License: Other
icon Stalwart's March : Devil's Castle  
I wanted make something quick,and I did!

You play as Kid the Stalwart who must escape & revenge to guy who locked him to prison.

Thanks to mxvladi to comments & other stuff!
08-22-2008 at 07:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Stalwart's March : Devil's Castle (+1)  
Aand another Architest's hold!

It's quite fun, and I definetily like it. Of course, there're some unintended solutions left(and some things that makes the rooms easier; for example, underground 3N could be without hot tiles).

Anyways, nice hold. While testing it, I quite enjoyed it.
the only thing I strongly don't like is that author says that it's dumb. Don't say so Architest. It's quite funny hold. :)

2,5 brains and 6 fun.

EDIT: And next time, try making your holds bigger and try keeping them in architecture for a little more time.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 08-23-2008 05:32 PM]
08-22-2008 at 07:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
icon Re: Stalwart's March : Devil's Castle (0)  
mxvladi wrote:

EDIT: And next time, try making your holds bigger and try keeping them in architecture for a little more time.

Call police to do that!

"I must be locked to darkest dungeon in Dugandy...but I dont want to go King Dugan's Dungeon"

08-22-2008 at 08:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
Low quality, easy rooms. Not that great of a hold. Also, as you admitted that yourself, you need to spend more time and effort making holds. I'd much rather play a short, high quality hold than a bunch of low quality holds.
08-22-2008 at 08:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
fratropea
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
I always play with pleasure your holds...
They are amusing and relaxing.
Continue so and you will become the best! :thumbsup
08-23-2008 at 11:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AlternativePuzzles
Level: Disabled
Rank Points: 30
I really don't think that The Architest should be that disapproving of himself. I found this a rather enjoyable hold, but I would enjoy seeing it go even longer than the levels here now.

Overall: 3 brains and 5 for fun.

Test out my hold currently in
architecture:
[url=http://forum.caravelgames.com/
viewtopic.php?TopicID=26578]Spike
Pit
08-24-2008 at 01:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
This hold must be the best hold in the world for someone.

Someone actually gave this a 10. I don't think that's the correct way to say that he shouldn't make a new hold.

I'm giving this hold a score lower than 10, because I believe this Architest still has room for improvement.

One thing I'm sure: He learned some new things while making this hold.

08-24-2008 at 02:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwerulous
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 340
3 Difficulty

4/10 Overall

I think The Architest has the potential to build really good puzzle rooms, but hasn't quite got there yet. Architest, I suggest you work on how your rooms look, as presenting them well will increase the quality of your Holds much more :). Maybe you should look at some Holds with high ratings to get some ideas and inspiration, before you go and make another one yourself?

[Last edited by Kwerulous at 08-24-2008 12:29 PM]
08-24-2008 at 09:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 254
icon Re: Stalwart's March : Devil's Castle (0)  
Thank you for really good comments!

It is nice to hear what people says!

Kwerulous,thank you for your comment,Im going to download some holds right now to get some inspiration! ;)
08-24-2008 at 10:20 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Once again, I would have liked this hold more if only The Architest hadn't convinced me it was so bad.
08-29-2008 at 07:09 AM
Danteslives
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 48
I quite liked this so called crappy hold. The puzzles were easy but fun, and each level was nicely laid out. Of course it could have been polished a lot more, but its entertaining on a lazy, rainy afternoon!
08-30-2008 at 01:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
Nice and short, with some pretty good puzzles. Most of the puzzles are quite easy (although the second secret room is tricky).

But I imagine there's quite a lot of opportunity for optimization on these rooms, so something there for people as well.

A decent romp.

I give it 3 brains and a 6 for fun.

10-09-2009 at 12:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Post-mastered!

I must agree with the previous posters. This was a short, fun little hold. It was quite pleasing to see the hold keep going after the player meets the super-duper-uber evil aumtlich dude.

Still, this hold does have some drawbacks to it. For one, the puzzles are quite easy, even without the helping hot tiles/speed potions/whatever. Still, The Architest did do a good job of taking suggestions from his previous holds and applying them to this one.

The worst thing about this hold was the self-deprecating post-mastery room. It was quite annoying to watch.

6 fun
3 brains
50/100 approval rating.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
02-03-2011 at 12:14 AM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
I agree: self-deprecation gets tiresome in a hold. Just present the best you've got and then wait for others to give their opinion.

And mine is that the hold started out with some promise, then it felt like it got sloppy, and in the end I didn't enjoy most of the rooms. The first level was probably the best and the post-mastery room was needless. Though tedious, I did somewhat enjoy the room where you had to wait tons of turns for the roaches. I had to try a few times before I could do it without getting stuck.

04-11-2012 at 09:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Stalwart's March : Devil's Castle (Some dump puzzles for everyone!) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com