Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Reconstruct The Story
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
IP: Logged
icon Re: Reconstruct The Story (+1)  
But when Beethro looked back, he saw only one thing - solid rock. Rock walls that were rapidly closing behind them.

"RUN!" he shouted. A strange rumbling sound echoed through the cavern. An earthquake.

They dashed pell-mell down the passageway, each choosing a different side tunnel that they thought would offer the best security, thinking the others were following.

Beethro hit a rock wall at the end of *his* side tunnel. "It's no good! Go the other way!" he screamed. He turned around to dash back up and found nobody there. Besides, a huge pane of rock had slammed in the passageway.

Gobby bounded down a thin fissure of rock that seemed to be leading upwards and away. He slid through passageways that would have been far too thin for the others to follow. He saw a chamber up ahead. Then, the rocks closed together and he found himself crushed.

Dirkus sprinted along the main passage, having kept his head and knowing that most side passages would probably lead to nowhere. After a few minutes of running in front of the quake, the path opened up into the bottom of a deep chasm. Though far, far, above, he could see light, he felt an intense evil radiating through the area. He pulled out his sword. It felt safe.

Elmer simply stood his ground. Dragons had limited magical powers, as well as their physical characteristics. He created a wall of intense psionic energy which forced the earthquake back. He would have proceeded to send it back to whoever had caused it, because it was obviously no ordinary earthquake. There are little signs that you can use to see if an earthquake is made from magical powers. However, suddenly, a huge noise came from behind. The passage closed completely on his tail. And, as you know, a dragon's tail is his pride and joy. It's also what they work most of their magic with.

Then, the rumbling stopped. They had all survived, but separated. One trapped in a rock chamber, one crushed between rocks, one in an area that seemed even more terrifying than the one of the tentacle, and one with his tail trapped under a gigantic rock.

What would happen next to the four brave adventurers?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
04-02-2004 at 04:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Reconstruct The Story (+2)  
Hmm… I’m going to try to see if I can finish off this magical part of the story, and see if I can get it going again on a more general level. Apologies if it’s not that good – I’m not an extremely good storyteller, and it will have to be quite long because I want to tie off this bit of the story and start the next part with a bit more description.

Dirkus was the only one who was actually free and escaped the earthquake's effects. Turning, he found the passage behind him had been blocked by fallen rocks, and he was alone, standing in a little alcove on the side of the chasm. Dirkus stared unwillingly at the gigantic hole before him. The darkness emanating from below was so intense that Dirkus felt as if it was slowly devouring him, taking away all memory of light and colour from his mind. Suddenly, a huge gust of flame shot upwards from the darkness below, lighting up the chasm with a brilliant flash of yellow light and causing Dirkus to fall over backward with shock. Dirkus quickly stood up again and peered over to see what had happened. He saw the darkness had been replaced with a fiery light and that the sense of evil coming from the chasm was now even greater than ever. Then Dirkus saw Chbit rising from the fire. Nothing Dirkus could have ever imagined would have prepared him for the paralysing sense of fear that overtook his body. His gaze became transfixed on Chbit, and he froze, unable to move or to even snap his attention away from the intense evil that was rising upwards to meet him. As it approached, the feeling of fear grew stronger and stronger until Dirkus could no longer even see Chbit or hear the huge rumbling noise approaching behind him because he could not concentrate on anything but the feeling of fear in his mind. Dirkus began to sway, rapidly losing control over his body, and after making one final jerk backwards, fell forward into the abyss, towards Chbit, unconscious. However, the rumbling noise behind Dirkus was not being caused by Chbit – it was Elmer, rapidly blowing fire to melt through the rock blocking the passage to get to Dirkus. Just as Dirkus fell, the dragon managed to blast his way through and shot forward after Dirkus, moving faster than he had ever done in his life. Elmer, closing his eyes to avoid looking at Chbit and trusting to his magical psychic powers, snapped forward at the air in front of him to try to catch him. By some strange luck, Elmer caught the back of Dirkus’ shirt, very narrowly missing his back, and flew upwards, away from Chbit, holding Dirkus from his mouth. However, Dirkus had dropped his sword when he fell, and by some strange chance, fell directly into the middle of Chbit’s head. Such was the force of the impact and the strength of the sword, that it went straight through Chbit and continued falling out of the other side. Chbit screamed in agony and began to disintegrate, sending jets of flame and light in all directions as he began to self–destruct. Elmer continued to shoot upwards, for he knew that the dying Chbit would explode in a gigantic burst of energy, and to be caught in the full force of this blast would be death. Elmer had only just cleared the top of the mountain when a huge explosion rocked the ground beneath him, sending a huge jet of flame into the air that was so bright that it rivalled the sun’s light from Sun Island. The explosion ended as suddenly as it had started, and behind, Elmer saw that the hole had been much enlarged. He put the unconscious Dirkus on the ground and flew back down to see if he could find any traces of Beethro. He quickly spotted him, hanging on the side of the chasm from a ledge of rock. Elmer returned to Dirkus with Beethro, who proceeded to try to revive Dirkus. Presently, Dirkus regained consciousness and opened his eyes.
“Where am I?” he asked. “I thought I fell into the chasm. How did I get here?”

“You killed Chbit,” said Elmer. “Your trusty sword Flippy fulfilled the prophecy and rid the world of the demon.”

“Flippy? My sword?” said Dirkus, surprised but proud. “Good old Flippy… But wait…” Dirkus stood up and fumbled for his sword, but, of course, he did not have it.

“Flippy! Where’s Flippy?” Dirkus screamed and began to cry. “My Flippy!”

“Calm down,” said Beethro. “Flippy fulfilled the prophecy. Feel proud for it, not sad, for it did the most noble thing it could for you.”

Dirkus saw the sense in it and stopped crying at once. He turned to Elmer and thanked him for saving his life, to which the dragon nodded gently. Then he said: “So, we escaped. Now what do we do?”

Elmer thought for a moment. “Well, I don’t know,” he replied. “I can’t feel Clancy’s presence anywhere and I don’t know where he is. I suppose we should head towards Sun Island and see if the dragons there can help us find him”

Beethro looked at Elmer and saw that he was quite badly injured. His tail, for one thing was badly crushed, and his scales had been badly burned when he melted through the rock to reach Dirkus. “I don’t think we could do that yet, Elmer. You’re too badly injured to fly that far,” said Beethro. “We need to find a nearby town to stay in where you can get better again before we set off for Sun Island. Plus, our provisions are all gone, and we need to re–stock up on them. Oh, and Dirkus also needs a new sword.”

Elmer scanned the horizon. There’s a town a few miles from the mountain range, over there,” Elmer said, pointing at a small steep hill rising out of the flat lands in the distance.

They climbed on Elmer and he flew towards the town. The town was the town of Felna, situated just north of the Unwanted Mountain Range, in the land of Theklet at the intersection of two important trade routes of the local area. Like most towns, this one was built on the top of a steep hill, about 500 metres tall, that rose fairly steeply from the surrounding plain of Gorlab. To the east of the town, on the plain below, flowed the river Borat through a large area of uninhabitable marshland and small lakes, infested with water serpents and other aquatic creatures, which often flooded. To the north was a large wood, covering about the same area as the town itself, and further on, there was a smaller hill, on which lay the ruins of a smaller town, long abandoned. To the east and south, the land rose about 50 metres above the flat lands around the town, and so, since it wasn’t as liable to flooding or attack from Wraithwings, was also inhabited quite thickly and covered with numerous farms. Elmer approached Felna and began to look for a place to land on the hill. Dragons, although seldom seen, were not unknown in the Eighth, for many young dragons often went exploring, travelling far and for long periods of time before returning to Sun Island, and so although Elmer was regarded by the inhabitants suspiciously, they did not stop their work or attack him when he approached. Elmer landed quietly at the edge of the hill, on a small field, and Beethro got off.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 04-04-2004 at 10:56 PM GMT]

04-04-2004 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Reconstruct The Story (0)  
Wesley, though this thread has been dead for a long time, would you mind if I continue it so all loose ends are tied up?

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT at Local Time:11-18-2004 at 05:21 AM: Re-wording]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

11-18-2004 at 04:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
NoahT wrote:
Wesley, though this thread has been dead for a long time, would you mind if I continue it so all loose ends are tied up?

You could continue it, if you like, but I'm not sure if I'd like it ended quite yet. Someone else might want to contribute.

11-18-2004 at 06:35 PM
NoahT
What I meant was for the loose ends to be tied up eventually, not for me to finish the story right now. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, here goes...

Beethro, Dirkus, and Gobby walked into the town, scanning for a market. The town was bustling with activity, but neither Budkin nor goblin saw any markets.

"We should probably ask someone where the market is, so that we don't take up too much time. Every second Clancy is gone is a second something could happen to him. Especially with his sprained ankle," Beethro said.

"Then let's do that," Dirkus replied. They spotted a group of people walking down the street.

"Um, excuse us?" Beethro called to the group, running after them.

The men stopped. The nearest one turned and looked at Beethro "Huh? Are you talking to us?"

"Uh-huh," Beethro replied. "Listen, I'm from the city-state of Dugandy, and my friends and I need to re-stock on our provisions. Could you tell us where the market is?"

-Noah

My stuff:

11-19-2004 at 01:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Unfortunately, these were strange, short people, with hoods over their heads, flowing robes, and piercing eyes out of the gloom behind.

"Um...excuse us," said Beethro. "Never mind."

They turned to walk away, but then one said, "Hey, wait a minute.........."

11-19-2004 at 02:15 AM
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
"...you know where this 'market' place is, don't you, Fluffy ?"

One of the dark and sinister figures, presumably the one named Fluffy, gave a rough grunt of confirmation. He shifted a bit, slowly and deliberately raised his arm, and pointed towards the northeast. Then he gave another rough grunt and turned away.

"Yup, that's it!", said the first dark and sinister figure cheerfully. "Have a good time!"

Beethro and Dirkus thanked the little people, and headed off in the indicated direction.
11-19-2004 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Gobby, however, was a little suspicious.

He jumped as high as he could, and after grabbing hold of Beethro's ears, he yanked them again as hard as he could.

"Arrrrgh!" cried Beethro as he lost his balance and fell backward. "Do you have to keep doing that? My ears are very sore and if you carry on, they're likely to fall off!"

"No listen to Fluffy! No go!" cried the goblin, tugging at Beethro and jumping up and down. "Nasty man no good!"

"What are you blabbering about?" asked Beethro, annoyed. "We're going to the market - the man said it was this way. Stop delaying us; we're already short on time as it is."

Gobby, however continued to complain continuously, so Beethro eventually had to carry him, stifling his mouth forcefully with his hand.

They soon reached the said 'market', and all appeared normal. They walked to the nearest stall selling fresh roachmeats from the local dungeon, and joined the queue of people lined up already.

However, they had only just reached the front of the queue, when...

11-20-2004 at 03:08 PM
The_Red_Hawk
...suddenly, they heard a strange grating noise.....

11-20-2004 at 05:19 PM
NoahT
I have nothing to add, but it's time for a bump.

-Noah

My stuff:

11-25-2004 at 10:49 PM
NoahT
Time for a thread revival!

The three of them saw another hooded figure grating something, however, it wasn't food...

-Noah

My stuff:

12-24-2004 at 09:32 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
You know, if this thread is to be revived - maybe it belongs more in the "forum games" board than here?

12-24-2004 at 02:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Time for another bump! A good 5-year one, too.
----------------------------------------------------------------
They weren't sure what it was, but it looked shiny... and sharp.

Beethro realized this for what it was, a large dagger. Of course, he didn't think that it was too dangerous, until he spotted another person doing it, and another.

"Uh oh. Let's get out of here", he uttered in a whisper.

"Why? I see a pretty nice sword right there!" argued Dirkus.

"All these people seem to be covertly brandishing weapons of many varieties."

"What? I don't see anybody brandishing anything except their wallets!"

"Yeah, that's the point of doing it covertly."

Dirkus didn't believe Beethro, because he believed Beethro was still wry about the whole whimpering incident. Unfortunately, Beethro was quite right, and everyone (almost) was carrying some sort of weapon.

Dirkus asked the merchant, "Can I see that nice sword you have hanging on the wall?"

"Sure." Replied the merchant. "Just got it in shipped last week from Rasarus."

"Rasarus? That's a pretty long way. But enough about that, how much will it cost me?"

"Whatever you have on you," said the merchant while he was drawing his knife. "If you don't give ever bit of change you got, I'll kill you and then take it all. If you give me every bit now, I'll promise to kill you quickly."

"So it's a lose-lose situation here?"

"Not from where I'm standing" replied the chuckling merchant.

They were just about to walk away quickly when...

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
12-30-2008 at 06:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Reconstruct The Story
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com