Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Bad Evil Restaurant (Exiting)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

2.9/10 (100 votes)
σ 3.10
Author Name:Saul Glasman
Submitted By:masonjason
Hold Name:Bad Evil Restaurant
Theme:Exiting
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:13
Number of Monsters:1717
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+1 / -1)
Poster Message
12th Archivist
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 789
IP: Logged
icon Re: Bad Evil Restaurant (0)  
Jatopian wrote:
This hold is, to quote Banjooie just now, "goddamn genius". Don't listen to this man, he's stuffy.
Wink, wink. :yes

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-13-2010 at 05:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
I don't think I can add anything to this that hasn't been said. I don't know of any room that I liked, which may have been the point. I especially disliked not being able to beat some of the rooms, which made me think "how in the world did this get on the holds page?" I thought my "incompleted holds" would forever contain this monstrosity.

For trying to make a "n00b" hold, this one takes the cake. I was all prepared to rant and rave about this being "THE WORST HOLD EVER" but apparently the author knew that :) Er... congrats?

06-08-2011 at 07:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
west.logan wrote:
which made me think "how in the world did this get on the holds page?"
Once upon a time, you got your holds onto the Holds board by posting it on the Holds board. The implementation of the HAs came much later. (Though, really, their only criteria are "can the hold be completed, is it free of backtracking issues, does it contain anything copyrighted?", so this would still pass the rigorous screen process.)

I recently played through this again, and after some time away, reconsidering it as a more experienced player, I have to say: nope, I still find it irritating and not really very funny. On the plus side, it is short.
06-09-2011 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Bad Evil Restaurant got on the holds page for being simply the greatest hold ever conceived.

06-09-2011 at 10:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mtuan
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 21
icon Re: Bad Evil Restaurant (+1)  
Like people, Holds can be good, bad or ugly. This hold is an example of liberation trend in DROD forum in the early age.
06-11-2011 at 02:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Bad Evil Restaurant (Exiting)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com