Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DRODer! (Super fun smiting action)
Page 4 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
joker5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 607
IP: Logged
icon Re: DRODer! (0)  
Yay! I'd almost forgotten this existed!

It's as good as I remember... addictive,sweet and so forth.

Hm... can't think of anything to say. Wow, this game rocks so much.

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
10-14-2004 at 01:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Best score 29616 :)

Maybe different high scores for each game-mode? And show high scores option in the main menu.

I'm experiencing a strange bug if I play with sound effects. After playing a while the game starts to lag like crazy. It doesn't stop until I restart the game.
10-14-2004 at 08:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
Why not a Zip? I can't use it! :~(
10-14-2004 at 09:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
icon Re: DRODer! (+1)  
There's a zipped version on the first page too.
10-14-2004 at 09:33 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Thankyou...Im stupid.
10-14-2004 at 09:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
Rank Points: 548
Doom wrote:
I'm experiencing a strange bug if I play with sound effects. After playing a while the game starts to lag like crazy. It doesn't stop until I restart the game.
I think that's because too many sound effects are playing at the same time.

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
10-14-2004 at 04:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
geomatrx
Rank Points: 339
This game is just so cool!

I was wondering if it was possible to count the number of roaches killed compared with your overall score. :thumbsup

MetDROiD Echoes
Deadly Gold Mine of Death (Architecture)
12-16-2004 at 02:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nillo
I recently discovered a major, obvious bug in the way new enemies are spawned. Basically, there was always the maximum amount of enemies possible on the screen. It's fixed now, along with some other new things:

-You now get a rank based on your final score, starting with Roachling and increasing in coolness with each new rank.
-The title screen looks much, much better now.
-Survival mode has been toned down. It's about 20 times easier to survive now. (It's still really hard)

Have fun!

“Folks say that if you listen real close at the height of the full moon, when the wind is blowin' off Nantucket Sound from the nor' east and the dogs are howlin' for no earthly reason, you can hear the awful screams of the crew of the 'Ellie May,' a sturdy whaler Captained by John McTavish; for it was on just such a night when the rum was flowin' and, Davey Jones be damned, big John brought his men on deck for the first of several screaming contests.”
03-24-2005 at 06:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Rank Points: 432
How much do you you have to get to get to each rank?

03-25-2005 at 12:43 AM
Nillo
rowrow wrote:
How much do you you have to get to get to each rank?
The first rank ends at 200. After that, you need double the amount of points to advance in rank.

03-25-2005 at 10:09 AM
Nillo
New version!

-Another option added: "Don't distract me". When activated, all counters are removed from the screen. If you're having trouble keeping your eyes off your score, this might help you.
-The combo meter now empties only half as fast when playing with a handicap.
-Added even more ranks. The first rank (Roachling) now ends at 100 instead of 200, and an additional rank has been added between Delver and Master Delver. I don't think any sane person will be able to get the last rank now (you need over 100.000 points!), so I can leave this as it is.

Have fun!

05-03-2005 at 09:38 PM
Nillo
New version!

-New option: "Kamikaze Enemies". With this on, enemies will move toward you all the time. If you thought the original Survival was difficult, don't bother combining these two.
-There's now a spiffy little counter in the bottom-left corner that shows the amount of kills needed to get an extra life.
-Amount of kills needed to get an extra life increased from 20 to 30.
-Restarting from the Highscore screen while in "Don't Distract Me" mode now works.

Have fun!

05-05-2005 at 09:44 AM
wackhead_uk
It jsut keeps getting harder :thumbsup .
05-05-2005 at 09:21 PM
Nillo
icon Re: DRODer! (+5)  
New version!

-Added score multipliers. These are based on what kind of settings you're playing with. In order to balance them out, I had to inflate the scores massively, so all your previous scores will look really tiny now.
-I finally got around to replacing the MIDIs. I couldn't find the poll so I added the ones Erik picked.
-Minor interface changes

Suggestions are still welcome.

Have fun!

04-03-2006 at 07:26 PM
Nillo
And just one minute after I update, I find several bugs that need fixing. The health recovery meter shouldn't be there when it doesn't do anything, and some of the modifiers aren't displayed correctly on the highscore screen. I'll fix it in a day or two.

04-03-2006 at 07:31 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Ah, I still love this game.

Levels + Kamikaze + Mad Skillz = 280,000 pts.

04-03-2006 at 08:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
RoboBob3000 wrote:
Ah, I still love this game.
I agree. Fun before, fun now!
Levels + Kamikaze + Mad Skillz = 280,000 pts.
Might as well throw in Die Without Combo (If you run out, you can say goodbye to good scores anyway), and Helicopter. Try it. It doesn't make it that much more difficult.

Hard mode without any other options is also fairly good way to get points. I got around 400k on hard and nearly 700k with the modified RoboBob method.

By the way, some scoring multipliers are still very unbalanced. For example, dizzy and helicopter are worth just as much bonus points, but dizzy is completely unusable. (Unless that's one of those incorrectly displayed things)
04-03-2006 at 10:27 PM
Nillo
Doom wrote:
By the way, some scoring multipliers are still very unbalanced. For example, dizzy and helicopter are worth just as much bonus points, but dizzy is completely unusable. (Unless that's one of those incorrectly displayed things)
I could add points to dizzy in the next version. Maybe +30 or +40?

04-04-2006 at 07:38 AM
Doom
+30 or so sounds more reasonabe to me. So far my best on normal with it is about 10,000 points...

Another small thing that would be nice is remembering which of the boxes I had ticked in the main menu.

Also, I think that 'R' could be used to restart the current game. I currently have to suicide or go back to the menu in order to do this.
04-04-2006 at 07:58 AM
RoboBob3000
icon Re: DRODer! (+2)  
At 6.8 million, this demigod is gonna call it a night.

04-04-2006 at 08:24 AM
Nillo
RoboBob3000 wrote:
At 6.8 million, this demigod is gonna call it a night.
Dude! How did you... never mind. I guess I'll add more ranks then.

Doom wrote:
Another small thing that would be nice is remembering which of the boxes I had ticked in the main menu.
I've tried, but it seems that there are no such functions in TGF. I might have to export it to Multimedia Fusion, or get an extension, or something. But I'll try to fix it.
Also, I think that 'R' could be used to restart the current game.
Sounds good, I'll add it.

Thanks for the feedback!

04-04-2006 at 09:00 AM
Nillo
What are your opinions on Kamikaze and Levels mode? Nerf or keep them as is?

04-04-2006 at 04:47 PM
RoboBob3000
Kamikaze definately needs a nerf. It actually makes the game easier by giving the roaches predictable movement. Levels is fine as it is though.

04-04-2006 at 09:23 PM
Doom
Kamikaze makes the game easier in Levels mode, but only in Levels mode. But I guess it would be too confusing to start including different multipliers for combinations of options.

On the other hand, No Recovery could give a little more points. Not using it makes it usually possible to survive a lot longer, because extra lives are given fairly generously.

Ps. More than doubled my previous best, but RoboBob's scores are still pretty awesome and far, far away...
04-04-2006 at 09:53 PM
RoboBob3000
My technique:

Click here to view the secret text

You're probably not that far away from me point-wise, Doom, given the nature of the scoring.

04-04-2006 at 11:08 PM
RoboBob3000
Hmm, once you hit 10,000,000, the high score table doesn't seem to fit your score anymore. :D

04-04-2006 at 11:14 PM
Nillo
I could make the Kamikaze option into a secret, unlockable option that doesn't give any points. Either that or ban the combo, so you can't have Levels and Kamikaze on at the same time.

04-05-2006 at 07:39 AM
Nillo
New version!

-You can now see your highest combo on the highscore screen.
-Kamikaze is now a sort-of-secret unlockable option. Also, it no longer gives any points.
-No Recovery now gives +5 multiplier, Die Without Combo now gives +1 multiplier.
-Minor interface changes

I ran out of ideas, so the next version will have more ranks.

Have fun!

[Last edited by Nillo at 04-05-2006 06:15 PM]
04-05-2006 at 06:13 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Dang...now my previous high scores of +100,000 points are no longer impressive. I must now acheive new "unattainable" scores.

[Last edited by zex20913 at 04-07-2006 05:27 PM]
04-07-2006 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pilchard VIII
Rank Points: 392
Fun simple fun! I like!

04-07-2006 at 09:53 PM
Page 4 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DRODer! (Super fun smiting action)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com