Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Exporting and stairs (...end the hold!?)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged

File: Showcase Elementary.hold (111.4 KB)
Downloaded 36 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Exporting and stairs (0)  
As reported over here: I've got a hold with many, many staircases, all of them properly associated to their level entrances. However, when I export the hold, some of those associations seem to disappear.

Unfortunately, I can't begin to tell you what led up to this. Some of the staircases in Start Here: 1S are probably copy-and-pasted from each other, and/or have been moved around. But that's probably also true of all of the other staircases on that level. I can tell you that, before the current export, I reassigned at least three of the four staircases to different level entrances, but the problem still arose.

That's all I can think to tell you; bear in mind that I can't even see the bug, because all of the staircases are still correctly associated for me. EDIT: I went back to check, and, huh. None of them end the hold, but in fact the three southernmost stairs are linked: changing one of them changes the other two. The two northernly stairs are also linked to each other (but are independent of the bottom three). That can't possibly be intended behavior, and it's probably related to what's going on here.

Hold attached here for ease of debugging.

[Last edited by Tahnan at 07-31-2008 09:43 PM]
07-31-2008 at 09:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Exporting and stairs (...end the hold!?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com