Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Twinkob (2-headed Snake)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The Architest
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 255
IP: Logged
icon Twinkob (0)  
"Twinkob(ra)"
It can be killed by trapping both of its heads!

Is two headed monster that can be killed by getting it trapped like serpent,but no!
If it get stuck it start use its other head!
O : head
W : wall
- : body
1.Turn
WW
WO---O
WW
2.Turn
WW
W O---O
WW

Got that?

[Last edited by The Architest at 07-25-2008 11:59 AM]
07-24-2008 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kwerulous
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 340
icon Re: Twinkob (0)  
You're back, then ;).
The Architest wrote:
Got that?
Sort of. Firstly, have I interpreted it right that where the tail end would be there is actually another head?

If so, then the only way I can see it being possible to be killed is by closing doors in such a way that it traps both heads like this:

Click here to view the secret text

So the only way that would work would be if the the player closed the door when the Twinkob was in the correct position as shown; which wouldn't be great, in my opinion.

Secondly, how would the game know which head was the "Dominant" head, i.e. which one would normally be in control?

And finally, it would have to be an instant-death, not a shorten-to-death like a normal serpent; otherwise it would become untrapped again :).
07-24-2008 at 11:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Moo
Rank Points: 224
Unless it was a double-ended-adder..
Then it'd be easier to kill than the normal adder but couldn't get stuck as easily..
07-25-2008 at 01:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
I like the idea of a Stretch Adder-strong.

Basically, it's an adder with a fixed 1X1 point. The point, when right-clicked, displays the number of space-fillers available. An adder will emerge from the point, and grow so long as it can move and there is at least one space-filler at the fixed point.

To get the adder to shrink, one can either move behind the head (same row or column behind the head) or stab the head, removing one space-filler.

I'm not sure if multiple adders would be able to spawn from one space-filler. I do know that it would essentially be a wall-builder, under snake control. Somewhat easy to kill? Sure. It's certainly an unpolished idea, but one I'd like to see some form of.

07-25-2008 at 05:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Garlonuss
Rank Points: 275
Kwerulous wrote:
And finally, it would have to be an instant-death, not a shorten-to-death like a normal serpent; otherwise it would become untrapped again.

What if it was instant death, but it didn't disappear? Once dead, it remained as an obstacle, much like inert briar that has been severed from its root.

How about this:
You first have to figure out ways to get the twinkob to the right length like making it a two headed Adder as Moo suggests. You can feed it to lengthen it, or stab it to shorten it, making it the right length to kill it in a specific spot. Then it acts as a wall to kill/trap other monsters.

Maybe?

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Garlonuss at 07-25-2008 09:40 PM]
07-25-2008 at 09:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Twinkob (2-headed Snake)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com