Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Hikari's Transparent Tarstuff Mod (Now in version 2.0... It's TCB-compatible!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
IP: Logged

File: tarmudgel.zip (46.6 KB)
Downloaded 153 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Hikari's Transparent Tarstuff Mod (+5)  
I'm sure we've all been in that situation. A big mass of Tarstuff, looks easy to clear, but as soon as you run through it, sure as a Stalwart... BAM, there's a wall buried in there. Or perhaps some depraved architect has hidden a few trapdoors in there, and the Tar Mother is hiding behind a red door. Whatever your problem with the irritating opacity of Tarstuffs might be, we've got an answer for YOU!

*crickets chirp*

*pulls a member of the audience out of the crowd and nudges ribs until a 'What's that you've got there?' is asked*

Why, it's version 2.0 of Hikari's Transparent Tarstuff! As previously seen but never particularly advertised in version 1.0 here! Now, your Gel can be transparent, too!

To see a demonstration, please open the secret tag.

Click here to view the secret text

As always, Transparent Tarstuff mods are installed by copying the .png and .tim files into your data/bitmaps folder, and adding the following line to your drod.ini, under [Graphics]:

General=tarmudgel

Please remember to modify your drod.ini when your DROD:TCB application is not running. Hikari's Transparent Tarstuff 2.0 is based on the tileset available here, not the official DROD tileset seen in an unmodified DROD installation. Do not use Hikari's Transparent Tarstuff 2.0 while under the influence of Speed potions or Aumtlich eyebeams, as certain batches have been known to burst into flames when provoked. Your mileage may vary.

[Last edited by Hikari at 07-05-2008 08:52 AM]
07-05-2008 at 08:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
deftriver
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
icon Re: Hikari's Transparent Tarstuff Mod (+1)  
I swear I've done this before. But I can not edit the file.

A) I'm on Windows 7 now
B) I go to DROD 4 - Gunthro and the Epic Blunder\Data
C) when I try to open drod4_0 (a dat file) it comes back with an error

Am I opening the wrong file? If so what is the right one? Are the details anywhere on this for Windows 7?

Thanks

EDIT: I found it, hidden files! Who knew? Does this count as post and solve?

EDIT 2: Definitely doesn't count, despite doing this whenever I run the game the config file resets itself, head, meet wall.

EDIT 3: Got it...

[Last edited by deftriver at 07-15-2013 01:00 AM]
07-15-2013 at 12:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Moo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 224
icon Re: Hikari's Transparent Tarstuff Mod (+2)  
If you're wanting transparent tar...
Update your GatEB, I think. Then you'll find a tar transparency slider in the options, so won't need to mess with any files or anything...
07-15-2013 at 01:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Hikari's Transparent Tarstuff Mod (Now in version 2.0... It's TCB-compatible!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com