Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Need *more* help with transparent tar (Graphics this time instead of drod.ini, though...)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
IP: Logged

File: Picture 1.png (78.4 KB)
Downloaded 257 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Need *more* help with transparent tar (0)  
OK, so I tried to make myself a transparent tar PNG file. It doesn't seem to be working properly, though.

As my image shows, both in tar and in mud, I'm having problems with four of the tiles out of the fifteen in each not being transparent as they're supposed to be. What am I doing wrong here?

[Last edited by Hikari at 07-21-2006 09:46 PM]
07-21-2006 at 09:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Doom
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Need *more* help with transparent tar (+2)  
This has happened before. Here's eytanz's answer from the earlier transparency topic.
eytanz wrote:
That's probably because the transparency won't work unless at least one corner pixel is transparent.
07-21-2006 at 09:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
icon Re: Need *more* help with transparent tar (0)  
Hey, that fixed it! Awright! :D

07-21-2006 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I really like that version. Which one is it? or is it your own version, in which case I'd like a copy.

Note: The above sentence is grammatically correct.
07-22-2006 at 12:52 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
icon Re: Need *more* help with transparent tar (+1)  
The tar? It's my own version... Works *really* well, but I think it might be frowned upon for me to distribute it, as I *think* I wasn't technically supposed to do what I did to make it. The transparency pattern's something I made on my own, but I got the initial tar tiles that I applied it to by playing with screenshots from JtRH, so they're based on the original tarblob/mudblob art, which means it might not be OK to distribute.

If someone who can tell me for sure if it's actually OK says I'm free to distribute the png file with that tar in it, though, then I'll go ahead and put it up.

07-22-2006 at 02:26 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Unfortunately, you're right about not being allowed to distribute transparent tar done that way.

07-22-2006 at 02:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari

File: tarmud.png (10.6 KB)
Downloaded 79 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Need *more* help with transparent tar (+3)  
OK... So I just applied my transparency mask to a slightly modified version of the tar/mud from the GeneralTiles.png file running around in the forums. Since this is the same tar/mud that's used in all the other publicly available tar/mud mods, I'm going to assume this *is* free to distribute.

So there you go, coppro ^^

07-22-2006 at 08:08 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Need *more* help with transparent tar (Graphics this time instead of drod.ini, though...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com