Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Val Unrich : The First Realm : 2 South, 2 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
key-smiter
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 121
IP: Logged
icon Val Unrich : The First Realm : 2 South, 2 East (0)  
Been stuck here awhile too, but I thought I could figure it out . . .
Clearly the briar needs to be used to kill the roach. Unfortunately no matter which doors I open I turn back into Beethro before I can flit off to a filling station. Is this supposed to be one of the later rooms completed on this level (although I can't even get to any others in this region) or is there some way to accelerate the briar growth?

(I don't know exactly what to do with the mirror. I'm sure it's supposed to go on the northwest pressure plate . . . but since that just makes things worse that can't be it.)

Thanks -
05-26-2008 at 10:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Val Unrich : The First Realm : 2 South, 2 East (0)  
I had 128 moves when I entered this room. This was just enough to return to the way station to the west.

There are definitely some red herrings in this room.

05-27-2008 at 01:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Which version you playing with? The latest TCB patch makes this room a lot easier...

[EDIT]

It's currently doable with
Click here to view the secret text
moves from the top

[Last edited by Syntax at 05-27-2008 04:18 AM]
05-27-2008 at 04:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
key-smiter
Well, that answers that question. I'm at the 125-moves-per-replenishment level, so this room is out for now.

Unfortunately, I can say the same for all other rooms I've got access to (2S2E, 1S1W, 1S2W, 2S, and 2S1W). 1S1W would look promising, but I'd need to have enough moves to clear 1S2W as well . . . Is there any other way to increase the moves-per-fillup ratio?

Thanks -
05-27-2008 at 11:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
Wait, what does the latest patch do to this room?

I wish that man would stay away
05-27-2008 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
icon Re: Val Unrich : The First Realm : 2 South, 2 East (+1)  
key-smiter wrote:
Unfortunately, I can say the same for all other rooms I've got access to (2S2E, 1S1W, 1S2W, 2S, and 2S1W). 1S1W would look promising, but I'd need to have enough moves to clear 1S2W as well . . . Is there any other way to increase the moves-per-fillup ratio?
There's one way, but it's basically saying "I give up!", it lowers your final score for the hold, and you can't get there yet anyway I suspect.
I think you may be overlooking some rooms you could complete, or some way station somewhere. Try 2S - you don't need a bunch of extra moves to escape that one.

05-27-2008 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Another way to "give up" is to:

05-27-2008 at 11:54 PM
key-smiter
The spitemaster wrote:
Wait, what does the latest patch do to this room?
I'm not sure . . . I'm at 3.2.0.82. Let me try v0.83 - I'm game to procrastinate a little.
05-28-2008 at 12:21 AM
key-smiter
No apparent change due to the version upgrade. And I'm still in no position to complete any of the rooms that I can access.

Here's what I've already completed - 1S, 1E, 1S1E, 2S1E, 1S2E, 3S1E, 3S1W, 3S, and 1S1W (this last one four different times). Right now I'm at the end of 1S1W, and should move on to 1S2W, except I'm about 50 moves short of enough to complete that . . . .

Sorry for the off-topic monologue in this topic. This level is frustrating indeed - what should be my next room? Did I paint myself into a corner by solving these rooms first, so that I should restore back to some earlier point?

Thanks -
05-28-2008 at 12:54 AM
Jatopian
icon Re: Val Unrich : The First Realm : 2 South, 2 East (+1)  
key-smiter wrote:
what should be my next room? Did I paint myself into a corner by solving these rooms first, so that I should restore back to some earlier point?
I don't think you'll ever have to restore back past one room.
Try 2S. Enter from 2S1E.

[Last edited by Jatopian at 05-28-2008 01:18 AM]
05-28-2008 at 01:18 AM
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1305
Jatopian wrote:
There's one way, but it's basically saying "I give up!", it lowers your final score for the hold, and you can't get there yet anyway I suspect.
It's not really a cheat, as it is (nearly) impossible to beat some of the rooms without it. I might be wrong. I just don't remember at what point you need to get it.
05-29-2008 at 01:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
subkel
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
Are you talking about the thing pretty far south? It's not a "cheat" is it? I thought you were supposed to take it when you got there, it didn't give you the warning like in the house.
05-29-2008 at 04:17 AM
Mikko
Rank Points: 276
key-smiter wrote:
No apparent change due to the version upgrade. And I'm still in no position to complete any of the rooms that I can access.

Here's what I've already completed - 1S, 1E, 1S1E, 2S1E, 1S2E, 3S1E, 3S1W, 3S, and 1S1W (this last one four different times). Right now I'm at the end of 1S1W, and should move on to 1S2W, except I'm about 50 moves short of enough to complete that . . . .

Sorry for the off-topic monologue in this topic. This level is frustrating indeed - what should be my next room? Did I paint myself into a corner by solving these rooms first, so that I should restore back to some earlier point?

Thanks -

You can clear some of the land based rooms. You won't have enough time to fly back to 2S1E, but you can walk back to your house or 3E once the route to it is clear. 2E, 1N2E, 1S3E, 1S4E and 1N4E can all be done with 150 moves, some perhaps with less.
05-29-2008 at 09:26 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Val Unrich : The First Realm : 2 South, 2 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com