Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Quadrax 4
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
pogon
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
IP: Logged
icon Quadrax 4 (0)  

Hi !

This is a very nice and hard puzzle !
With elevators,lifts,switches, pushing stones
and more.Check it out because if you love
logical puzzle this is a must !

www.quadrax4.wz.cz/app/p3_en.html

/ Pogon

05-14-2008 at 04:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Vike91
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 231
icon Re: Quadrax 4 (0)  
How many levels does this excatly have?

05-14-2008 at 04:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
pogon
Hi !

It`s 90 levels !
I`m in L8 now but i know this will be much harder later.
You have a very usefull walkthrough if you take a look
at http://www.foxes2.be/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=18265&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Gameregards / PeO
05-14-2008 at 05:24 PM
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 438
.....why must all the games that sound vaguely interesting be Windows-only? It *bothers* me.

Thank you, Caravel team, by the way, for making DROD multi-platform instead of forgetting about those who use non-Windows operating systems.

[Last edited by Hikari at 05-14-2008 08:37 PM]
05-14-2008 at 08:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
Hikari wrote:
.....why must all the games that sound vaguely interesting be Windows-only? It *bothers* me.
Windows has the greatest audience automatically.
Also, right-click.

05-14-2008 at 09:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
You know, when a Windows user gets hacked because Windows security sucks, or they get a blue screen of death (do those even happen anymore?) or their machine's performance isn't quite as good as a Mac's or a Unix box, or their machine doesn't quite work with all the same peripheries that the Mac and Unix boxes work with, or somebody develops a game for Mac and/or Unix instead of Windows, they don't complain nearly as loudly as the Mac and Unix users do when somebody develops a game for Windows instead of Max or Unix. When you pick an OS, you make a choice. You know that (or at least most people are reasonably well informed about) each OS has its up sides and its down sides; things it does well, and things it doesn't do as well as others. But you make the choice. Complaining that people develop for the platform that the majority of other people choose is an exercise in futility, not to mention really annoying to the rest of us who made the other choice but have the courtesy to suffer through our problems silently or do what we can to remedy them on our own. If it matters that much to you, then either make the other darn choice or install a fracking emulator. But stop complaining, and do something about it.

05-14-2008 at 10:28 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
Uh...Wine 1.0 rc1 is out O:-

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-15-2008 at 12:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Hikari
stigant wrote:
snip

Now, that's just condescending. For all you know, I could be a 10-year-old kid who's limited in computer choice by what daddy bought for the family system. Not that I actually am (and I should hope that the majority of my behaviour here outside of periodic outbursts regarding games not for Mac would show that), but that's beside the point.

There's not a lot of games on computer systems that really interest me, besides DROD. Most of the ones that *do* are either available on a console that I've got, are multi-platform and thus are available for my system of choice, or are Flash-based and thus work in a browser on a system-independent platform.

My comment was made *solely* because, on one of the occasions that a game mentioned in *here* sounded interesting to me, it turned out to be a Windows-only game instead of a flash game, which I couldn't tell from the description given in the thread. I don't really think that it would be too much to ask for people who're linking to games around here to at *least* say if it's something that has to be downloaded or if it's played in a browser window, so that it's easier to tell before following an off-site link if it's likely to be something that I can play easily.

05-15-2008 at 10:36 AM
stigant
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Quadrax 4 (+1)  
Now, that's just condescending. For all you know, I could be a 10-year-old kid who's limited in computer choice by what daddy bought for the family system. Not that I actually am (and I should hope that the majority of my behaviour here outside of periodic outbursts regarding games not for Mac would show that), but that's beside the point.

I considered that before posting, but it doesn't change anything. If you are 10 years old and you're complaining that Mommy and Daddy bought you a computer that you don't like, you're a brat. If you're an adult who bought the computer, you did it in full knowledge of the benefits/drawbacks blah blah blah.

My comment was made *solely* because, on one of the occasions that a game mentioned in *here* sounded interesting to me, it turned out to be a Windows-only game instead of a flash game, which I couldn't tell from the description given in the thread. I don't really think that it would be too much to ask for people who're linking to games around here to at *least* say if it's something that has to be downloaded or if it's played in a browser window, so that it's easier to tell before following an off-site link if it's likely to be something that I can play easily.

So this guy is in a balloon and he's lost. He drifts down over a field where a second guy is eating a picnic. The guy in the balloon says "Hey, there, can you tell me where I am?" The guy on the ground says "Sure, you're in a balloon about 30 feet off the ground." The first guy says "you must be an engineer." to which the 2nd guy responds "Yeah, how did you know?" "Because what you've told me is technically correct, but of absolutely no use whatsoever." The engineer responds, "You must be a manager." "Yeah, how did you know?" "Because you don't know where you are, you don't know where you're going. I've answered your questions, nothing's changed, and now somehow its MY fault"

First of all, you didn't complain that Pogon didn't tell you it was Windows only. You complained that Windows programmers don't bother to port their games to Mac. Secondly, Pogon posted a game. A free game. That somebody (Pogon?) developed and made available to you FREE OF CHARGE. The day before yesterday, you'd never heard of it, couldn't play it, and were fine. Yesterday, nothing had changed, including your pocket book, and yet its somehow his fault that you picked Mac over PC or can't be bothered to install a windows emulator. You lost 30 seconds of your life clicking on something that turned out to be useless to you.

I don't know, the web is full of 30 second diversions that aren't useful. You can go through your life worrying about each and every second of each and every stupid day, but in the end, doesn't that take more time and energy than you'd save?

05-15-2008 at 12:58 PM
Vike91
Rank Points: 231
This may be virus, malware, ad-aware or something.

It was hard to close, just the process closing closed it.

I don't recommend.

05-15-2008 at 04:44 PM
Hikari
*sigh* Whatever. I could take the stock-standard 'Boo hoo you're picking on a Mac user' route, but that would probably be a good way to antagonize more people.

I made a stupid comment that was unconstructive, despite it making sense to me at the time as something to say. I admit that, after having had time to sleep and stuff, and actually thinking about this thing. Not a good/valid excuse really, but wednesday is the last day of my work week, in a rather high-stress job, and I wasn't thinking totally straight yesterday at all.

Sorry I dragged the thread off-topic.

05-15-2008 at 07:44 PM
pogon
icon Re: Quadrax 4 (-1)  
Hi !

I`ve read your comments and i must say:
What`s the problem !
One click and you are in and can read for yourself !
This discussion is very low !!
The game is infact fourth in Quadrax history made
by a Czech developer.
Spam or virus is just rubbish !
Grow up !

/ pogon

05-15-2008 at 07:55 PM
Monkey
Rank Points: 190
pogon wrote:
One click and you are in and can read for yourself !
This line crashed my parser made for not English-native people. :? Could you tell me what this line means?

[Last edited by Monkey at 05-15-2008 11:47 PM]
05-15-2008 at 11:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 142
I enjoyed Quadrax 1 for awhile, years ago. This game seems like it's just more of the same, though. It gets repetitive after some levels.

05-19-2008 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Quadrax 4
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com