Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A new imperative and a new character modification
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vinheim
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 300
IP: Logged
icon A new imperative and a new character modification (+1)  
1. A new imperative I was thinking of was Imperative Attractive. This makes monsters chase that NPC instead of Beethro. I thought of this while playing Portholes and decided to use the destx variables while controlling a mimic in a platform game.

2. When modifying a character I thought it would be useful to choose a blood type for it and possibly make custom blood graphics. In my RPG hold a green gem is destroyed, but red blood spurts out of it so I was thinking of a glassy custom blood type.
02-26-2008 at 10:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dictator Reverus
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
icon Re: A new imperative and a new character modification (+1)  
Actually, both are possible.

1. Set Player Role to anything that is not Beethro or a Stalwart and add a Beethro/Stalwart NPC character.

2. Different characters produce different blood when killed, though most produce red blood. Tarstuff babies produce same color blobs when killed, rock golems produce rock shards, and slayers produce... some kind of purple blobs.

Not sure if anyone actually clicks on these things though

[Last edited by Dictator Reverus at 02-27-2008 04:07 PM]
02-27-2008 at 04:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Neathro
Rank Points: 41
icon Re: A new imperative and a new character modification (0)  
2: So use Gel Babies until you are otherwise notified... if you are otherwise notified. ;)

[Last edited by Neathro at 02-27-2008 04:18 PM]
02-27-2008 at 04:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1305
Right, but then we can't have, for example, yellow blood.
02-27-2008 at 07:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Neathro
Rank Points: 41
Actually, orange would be a better example.
Actually, I've just seen that I don't think much before posting.
Yellow is not possible using the Tarstuff Formula... Yet... We need 3 new tarstuffs or this FR.

I'm in a colourful mood.

[Last edited by Neathro at 02-27-2008 09:35 PM]
02-27-2008 at 09:34 PM
vinheim
Dictator Reverus wrote:

1. Set Player Role to anything that is not Beethro or a Stalwart and add a Beethro/Stalwart NPC character.

Play portholes, change the character to a mimic and put monsters in. They wont chase the mimic since Beethro is still there.

2. Different characters produce different blood when killed, though most produce red blood. Tarstuff babies produce same color blobs when killed, rock golems produce rock shards, and slayers produce... some kind of purple blobs.

What produces a glassy-type blood? None of these
02-29-2008 at 10:48 AM
Timo006
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 518
Also , it would be nice if you could select your own sounds for a custom NPC role, so that you could be able to insert sounds for walking, clicking on it, "victory" sounds etc.

03-05-2008 at 07:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
vinheim wrote:
Dictator Reverus wrote:

Play portholes, change the character to a mimic and put monsters in. They wont chase the mimic since Beethro is still there.

Not mimic... BEETHRO. And set Player Role to roach or something.

What produces a glassy-type blood? None of these
This is true.

[Last edited by mrimer at 03-05-2008 08:09 PM]
03-05-2008 at 08:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vinheim
But I wanted a mimic and I think adding the imperative attractive puts a lot more things like cutscenes, etc
03-05-2008 at 08:49 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : A new imperative and a new character modification
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com