Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : GrimDrod Mod (A mod for AE.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dictator Reverus
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
IP: Logged

File: DarknessMod.rar (5.6 MB)
Downloaded 82 times.
License: Public Domain
icon GrimDrod Mod (+4)  
EDIT: It's now mostly finished. Any further changes would be pretty minor and mostly go unnoticed.

First off, let me say that it has been a while since I last been here. I'm pretty sure most of you forgotten me by now or have never heard of me in the first place. I had a breif period of stupidity and decided to not post anything till the guys involved forgot. Then I got distracted from DROD for what seems to be a year, during which time I reasiled I don't like playing DROD puzzles anymore (I know, I'm a heretic).

But enough of that, when I downloaded AE I wanted some graphics that were more noticably different than the standard pinkish walls. I tried DROD in Space but that didn't work out for me. I tried all the other mods but they didn't really change the atmosphere enough. So I took it upon myself to create a mod that almost completly changes the atmosphere of DROD. It still a work in progress, but as of now it's at about 90% done.

This mod aims at revamping the atmosphere of DROD AE, whereas DROD is a pretty lighthearted and cartoony, this variant aims at being dark and sinister. Some screenshots:

A dark and sinister dungeon:

A noticably less dark and sinister swamp-like area:

And my personal favorite, the volcano.

Expected Release Date: When I stop being so lazy.

Also, I would appreciate it if someone could provide sounds and music more fitting for the atmosphere.

Not sure if anyone actually clicks on these things though

[Last edited by Dictator Reverus at 10-17-2008 09:15 PM]
09-13-2008 at 03:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AtkinsSJ
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
icon Re: Darkness Mod (0)  
Wow, there's some pretty impressive detail you've got there.
09-13-2008 at 03:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
That's really good. Feel like you could do a TCB version of that? ;)

[Last edited by NiroZ at 09-13-2008 04:49 PM]
09-13-2008 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dictator Reverus
Unfortunatly, no. The amount of time and effort it took to make it coupled with the fact that there is more to edit in TCB means that it will take an inordinate amount of time. Hell, this thing took an inordinate amount of time, I've been working on it for almost a year now, maybe more. To add to that, I'm plain lazy.

I'll let someone else do a TCB version though.

09-13-2008 at 05:03 PM
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1911
Nice effort!
09-13-2008 at 05:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dictator Reverus
icon Re: GrimDrod Mod (0)  
I'm putting the finishing touches onto my mod, and am trying to figure out what to do for the last Style. I've mostly exuasted my choices, at least what is doable. I tried creating a jungle-like area where the floor is the tops of trees and pits are the ground, but it was to difficult to draw properly. Any suggestions for the final style?

Also, do NOT suggest anything with large amounts of brown dirt. Way to much of that already.

09-15-2008 at 02:24 AM
Dictator Reverus
icon Re: GrimDrod Mod (+1)  
I'm finishing up the last style. So far I only have the walls, floor, and pits but I should have it finished within a week. It's a jungle style where you are on the canopy. Despite needing lots of pits to look good it doesn't actually look good with wraithwings since they are very difficult to see on the floor.

Here is a picture.

10-17-2008 at 04:22 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : GrimDrod Mod (A mod for AE.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com