Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Slayer Traps (You play as a slayer)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.3/10 (16 votes)
σ 0.85
Author Name:Vipul
Submitted By:VIPCOOL
Hold Name:Slayer Traps
Theme:You play as a slayer
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:4
Number of Rooms:51
Number of Monsters:588
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.1)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+2 / -1)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Slayer Traps.hold (16.7 KB)
Downloaded 1076 times.
License: Other
icon Slayer Traps  
Many Slayers have died trying to clear out the evil place known as Slayer Traps. Special tricks designed to kill out the Slayers one by one. You are the last Slayer left. Can you clear out this place?

In this hold, you are a slayer. Slayers are much more powerful than Beethro since they can step on monsters to kill them.
01-15-2008 at 11:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: Slayer Traps (+1)  
Here's one for all the player role slayer fans. This signature VIPCOOL-style hold is all puzzles, including a few really tricky ones. In many puzzles, you have to use the slayer's special ability to kill with hook and body at the same time, but there are some where you don't necessarily have to. In any case, optimizing as a slayer is always fun! Enjoy! :)
01-16-2008 at 12:02 AM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1908
icon Re: Slayer Traps (0)  
I found it very fun to play as the mighty slayer.

Some very unique puzzles are included. I found a couple rooms much harder than the rest (that's what h&s are for I guess).

Nice hold.
01-23-2008 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
Nice hold! I gave it a 7 rating and 6 brains for 'tricky in parts'. I've especially liked the more challenging rooms on level 2 (tar, time races, and brains are always fun), and most of level 4. I can't say I'm overly fond of level 3, though; I'm fairly good with Aumtlich, so it was a breeze and a bit boring, and it might be frustrating if you just can't stand the bloody critters.

On another note, I'm left a bit puzzled by the secret rooms. They were all fairly easy to spot (a *good* thing in my opinion, as I've never liked squinting to spot secret walls), and they were all of the 'hack'n'slash in small quarters' variety (it took me longer to reach some of the secret rooms than to actually clear them). I think I would have preferred having the harder rooms as secrets instead.

Oh, and I've been caught off trying to step onto monsters as Beethro in other holds... I guess I'm hooked to Slayeriness now. Not bad!

[Last edited by Alneyan at 01-26-2008 11:31 PM]
01-26-2008 at 11:16 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Alneyan wrote:
Oh, and I've been caught off trying to step onto monsters as Beethro in other holds...
And I thought it was just me :)
01-26-2008 at 11:48 PM
martz
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 414
icon Re: Slayer Traps (+2)  
I thought this was an okay hold, being able to body kill certainly adds a new element to room solving and there were some interesting puzzles but I also found some repetition in of the rooms.

Level layouts were consistent if a little sparse and as mentioned the secret rooms were a formality to clear (that being said, there's no rule that says secret rooms must be harder than required rooms so maybe there's an element of bias on my part to expect that to be the case...)

Specific level comments:

First level has a lot of variety in room solutions as you can use the goblins to trigger the pressure plates in a lot of places.

Second level had two of the trickier rooms imo (1N1E, 1S1W)

Third level wasn't very interesting (aside from 1S1W which was a nice puzzle albeit an element of trail-and-error to start the room off)

Fourth level was probably my favourite with some nice puzzles (1W, 1S2E)

Difficulty: 6
Fun: 6

Progress - Gavin G
09-30-2020 at 04:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Slayer Traps (You play as a slayer) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com