Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Looking For Testers
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
IP: Logged
icon Looking For Testers (+1)  
I'm looking for a few brute-force liking, tireless, happy, RPG-liking testers for final stages of a hold. Caravelnet Required. PM please.

01-13-2008 at 03:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
icon Re: Looking For Testers (+2)  
I'm gonna reuse this thread for my own purposes :devil

I'm looking for beta testers for a pretty tough hold based heavily on 'dance of death' and optimizing rooms.

I'm not necessarily looking only for players who are into this type of rooms or who feel they are super skilled. All testers are welcome!

So yeah, PM me if you're interested. Private beta holds require Caravelnet, but if there's enough interest I suppose I could post the hold here on architecture as well.

[Last edited by Rheb at 08-17-2014 11:45 AM]
08-17-2014 at 11:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Looking For Testers (+2)  
So... Basically these are the rooms I felt was missing from TSS. Honestly ;) I basically thought "Aww... This is kinda perfect, and epic, but why are there no rooms like... ...?" Well. Now there is! Speedpotions and mimic-manipulations with all the new weapons!

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 08-17-2014 12:15 PM]
08-17-2014 at 12:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Lucky Luc
Rank Points: 1215
icon Re: Looking For Testers (+1)  
Okay, let's shamelessly use this thread for my own purposes, too. I wanted to try this beta board feature and uploaded a hold, now all that's missing are a few testers to look at it.

The hold is probably halfway done and contains, well, the kind of puzzles I usually create, maybe a bit more focused on monster manipulation this time. It's kind of largish (it's already bigger than my last published hold) and diffiulty is between medium and tricky, I'd say. It also contains some cool scripted stuff. What cool scripted stuff? Well, I guess you'll have to find out yourself ;)

So yeah, if you're interessted, just send me a PM :)

[Last edited by Lucky Luc at 09-07-2014 10:12 AM]
09-07-2014 at 10:11 AM
blorx1
Rank Points: 920
Now I'll hijack this.

I have a one room hold that I intend to be insane in terms of difficulty, combining nasty execution with a couple very clever lynchpins. It's one room (and also probably broken), but will likely take a lot of work to solve assuming there aren't any trivial solutions, so yeah. If you're interested send me a PM and I can add you to the beta board.

11-02-2014 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
My turn for hijacking!

I have a very very small hold (only 8 puzzle rooms!) that I'd like to get some more feedback about before submitting it to the HAs. Because the hold is so linear, even some basic feedback as simple as what order you think the rooms should be placed in would be fine.

Some subtle descriptions to let you know what you're getting yourself in for:

1) The hold has a very silly design gimmick, it was originally just a joke but I have tried to make it as fun and playable as possible.

2) Due to the restriction, most rooms are very short, and they range from very easy to fairly tough.

3) Did I mention it was extremely silly? Don't expect the next GJL here.

If you wish to test, send me a PM letting me know. If you have CaravelNet, you'll need to change your forum settings to allow you to accept beta board invites, and you can then download the hold in-game. If you don't have CaravelNet, mention it in your PM and I can send you a link to download the hold.

I'm going to bed now, so I won't respond to anyone for another 9 hours or so. Thanks in advance to anyone who offers to test!
09-06-2015 at 12:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Looking For Testers (0)  
Hey look, it's me again! The hold in my previous post is sitting waiting in approval limbo due to a change in 5.1 that would have affected one of the rooms, so its sitting waiting for the next release. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and made another short hold that I'd like some other people to play through before release to see if I've made any stupid mistakes. This one is made in the 5.1 beta so it also won't see release until 5.1 goes live, so there's no rush.

Please note that this hold will be on a private beta board and I'd like to run a no-spoiler policy on it before release so no mention of it outside of its private board.

Some notes about the hold.

1) Its exclusively themed around a custom element!
2) Short but hard. Contains only 9 puzzle rooms, but many involve tricky lynchpins and manipulation. Likely 7.5 - 8 brains rated.
3) It needs the 5.1 beta so please don't apply if you don't have that.

Not sure if you need c-net to get a beta board invite. If you're interested, enable your forum account in your profile settings to allow beta board invites and PM me that you're interested. Tomorrow is a busy day for me, so apologies if it takes a while to accept your offer.

Thanks in advance to all cool dudes who offer to help / want a sneak peek :thumbsup
02-05-2016 at 12:08 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Looking For Testers
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com