Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Twilight Heroes (Justice Served Nightly)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Drizzo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 179
IP: Logged
icon Twilight Heroes (+1)  
If you like online games, this is a relatively new one that's actually pretty good. Inspired by (and sprung from the loins of) Kingdom of Loathing, Twilight Herous has grown into a worthwhile game in its own right. Got some spare time? Come check it out and live the life of a superhero. It mostly entails ridiculous costumes and beating up elderly bowlers.

It's ad-free, runs extrememly quickly, and has a decent sense of humor. Find me in the Normal chat channel as Mad Hamish.

01-09-2008 at 08:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
icon Re: Twilight Heroes (0)  
Hey, neat!

Good to see you around, Drizzo.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-09-2008 at 09:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
Yeah, it's been a while. My shame is that I still haven't bought JtRH. I only remember when I don't have money to spend. I should label a jar with JtRH fund, and drop my spare change in there. I could buy it in a month. And might actually remember, because of said label.

01-09-2008 at 09:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
Mmm... any inside tips on character creation and/or starting out? I'm kind of torn between Gadgeteer & Psion. Is there any advantage to being a particular gender?

01-10-2008 at 12:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zonhin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 99
icon Re: Twilight Heroes (-3)  
I have no idea who you are, but let me let you in on a little secret:

Click here to view the secret text

Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye
01-10-2008 at 12:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
icon Re: Twilight Heroes (+1)  
I prefer my games without typos, thanks.

I think the Psion tends to do better in the long run than the gadgeteer. It has direct damage dealing capabilities, while the gadgeteer has to weaken his opponents then use his weapons. However, the gadgeteer can make positronic computers, and cast Metal Detector, which makes items drop more often. The thing is, you can buy positronic computers from the Auction House, and you can get other people to cast Metal Detector on you. The Psion has innate abilities that cannot be shared with others as easily.
I personally am an Elemental, which have great offensive spells and lots of PP, but they lack sturdiness and the quality buffs of the other classes. The Naturalist has sweet passive boosts to item drops, and can increase the chip yields with Snout later. They are also viciously powerful in battle. Unfortunately the lack a healing spell, which can make the early game rather brutal.

01-12-2008 at 07:52 AM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Hmm. Well, if I ever do the switch class thing I'll keep that in mind, Drizzo. I went with Gadgeteer though.

01-12-2008 at 06:25 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Jatopian wrote:
I went with Gadgeteer though.
Me too... And I'm loving the game. I'm sure it's by the same guys as Kingdom of Loathing (KoL), but the story seems a bit better construed.

Thanks for pointing it out :)
01-13-2008 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Drizzo
icon Re: Twilight Heroes (+1)  
It's actually not done by the same guys as KoL. It was actually created by a player of KoL who goes by the handle Preniqueezer in the Kingdom. He designed it wanting to make something similar, eventually providing an mechanic to let you switch classes and carry over skills like KoL, but to give a different gameplay experience. The mechanics of this haven't been completely implemented yet, but they're on the way. In the meantime, there's plenty of other content additions being made on a regular basis, including a special unveiling of new areas this Friday with some kind of in-game puzzle. It's been quite exciting.

01-14-2008 at 07:12 PM
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Hmm, funny thing is, I also choose Gadgeteer. Now that it turns out to be so popular, I kind of regret it.

01-14-2008 at 07:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
Heh. My first instinct was to try out gadgeteer too.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-14-2008 at 07:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ravon
Rank Points: 220
I chose gadgeteer, but the first thing I did while clicking aimlessly trying to figure it out was to switch to an elemental. Oh well.
01-15-2008 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Drizzo
I am now on top of the ASX Chips leaderboard in this game. Hooray for virtual swagger!

01-24-2008 at 01:31 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Twilight Heroes (Justice Served Nightly)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com