Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : What region in the Eighth is (was) seismically active? (Can't find it.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eb0ny
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 484
IP: Logged
icon What region in the Eighth is (was) seismically active? (+1)  
Is there any area in the world of The Eighth that is or was seismically active? I tried looking it up in the reference, but I couldn't find it. See, I want to you use that location as an excuse for excessive amounts of crack-shaped pits in my hold I'm making.

11-05-2007 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: What region in the Eighth is (was) seismically active? (+1)  
As far as I'm aware, there's no such area on the Eighth. The Eighth doesn't have seismic activity because there's no tectonic movement, which is useful as it's riddled with natural caves.

However, Sun Island might be appropriate for your hold - it's a very hot part of the Eighth towards the pointy end, quite hard to get to and very inhospitable.

11-06-2007 at 04:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eb0ny
icon Re: What region in the Eighth is (was) seismically active? (0)  
Sun island is area so hot, that the ground cracks from the heat. The cracks reach the very depths of the island and someone builds challenge dungeons in it... Great, I'll use that. Thanks for the advice.

11-06-2007 at 12:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
A story idea: what kind of bizarre person would build a dungeon on Sun Island, seeing as the island gets superheated every 12 hours?

Would that heat do damage to the dungeon elements? Maybe some orbs and doors don't work.

11-06-2007 at 02:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eb0ny
Good idea... I was thinking of a dungeon situated VERY deep, where the effects of the sun are less visible. Kind of. The cracks are still there, but they're larger then one would usually expect. The cracks are huge, and the walls not always support the weight of the earth mass above. Let's just say, that the island goes outwards and down, like a flower, creating many spacious and natural caves in the (really slow) process and the dungeon is deep enough not to have superhigh temperatures of the surface (that's why there's foundation style).

Then there's the creator of the maze... He was a sad and unappreciated architect, who had a very high opinion of himself. After several of his projects were rejected, he escaped to the sun island and built a dungeon there (do not ask me, how did he do that, I didn't came up with it yet). He wasn't a really good architect (its an excuse for my poor architect skills and goes with storyline), but he had an idea to set up the whole thing as a three-dimensional maze. That is, the maze makes up a 3x3x3 cube, where rooms are connected in a maze fashion.

And there's Beethro. Some high bureaucrat hired him to examine the area and report whether the aforementioned dungeoned was suitable for exploitation. He even managed to get a map of the place. Beethro arrives at night to the Sun island and makes his way to one of the entries of the dungeon. And off it goes.

:|

I talk too much, don't I?

11-06-2007 at 06:16 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
eb0ny wrote:
I talk too much, don't I?
Greater quality makes greater quantity reasonable.

11-07-2007 at 01:37 AM
eb0ny
Jatopian wrote:
Greater quality makes greater quantity reasonable.
And is there greater quality?

11-07-2007 at 07:50 AM
Snacko
Rank Points: 448
Yes, it is one of the more developed stories I've seen for an unofficial hold.

11-07-2007 at 05:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eb0ny
Snacko wrote:
Yes, it is one of the more developed stories I've seen for an unofficial hold.
More of a background, I would say. The story itself is not developing during the hold: Beethro simple explores a dungeon. Then again, maybe I should include something into the secret floor...

11-07-2007 at 06:23 PM
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Interesting idea.

11-10-2007 at 02:54 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : What region in the Eighth is (was) seismically active? (Can't find it.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com